Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Originally posted in "supersports" forum - thought I'd see what other Triumph model owners thought.............

It would appear from numerous threads on here (and elsewhere) that Tuneboy is the mutt's nuts as far as full communication with the ECU is concerned - so I'm not going to go on about remapping/downloading tunes etc, that's already been covered.

What if I simply want to reset/adjust the throttle position sensor and IAC valve stepper motor and (hopefully) sort out the really difficult cold starting that has plagued me since last October?

Does anyone know if a generic EOBD/OBD2 scanner (ELM 32x chipset for example) and software (I'm thinking about a PC based system rather than handheld scanner) will do these resets/adjustments?

Has anybody got any experience of a "DealerTool" (www.dealertool.co.uk)? From the website it looks to be an ELM323 scanner with additional features specific to Sagem and Keihin FI Triumphs. It even appears to be able to use software to balance throttle bodies on some Keihin FI models.

Cheers

·
Registered
104 Posts
Andy,
I have a Tuneboy and use it for a 1050 2005 Sprint. Excellent investment! Throttle body adjustment, clearing error codes, etc..
Over time you will end up using most of its features. Mine paid for itself the first time I used it.

As far as hard starting, the timing can be retarded slightly at startup.

Hope this helps

1 - 2 of 2 Posts