Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
My point being that doing them is dependent a little on technique, but more on feel that is developed through your connection to your bike. That sort of information cannot be passed through a forum.

This, 100%. All I merely outlined was what I have found the bike to be capable of within my skill level. I’m no wheelie god by any means, but I am the “wheelie guy” amongst my riding crew; if that helps outline my wheelie abilities to you.

Wheelies are all about feel. A combination of constant monitoring of, sound, vibrations and what the bike is telling you. Balancing throttle, brake and clutch all at the same time while keeping your body movements inline with your control input. It will take time and practice to become accustomed to how the bike will react to your inputs in a multitude of situations. And the only way you’re going to understand that feel is to experience it.

After explaining that ^ It sounds just like riding a motorcycle normally. That’s what you’re doing all the time already. It’s just that the risks are even higher and evermore present with such shenanigans.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts