Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Banned
343 Posts
Damn, I'm posting in another what stupid helmet makes me look cool thread.

First question. How much of the helmet can you see when you are riding. Only the visor? Then maybe go for a helmet that maximises your vision. Can you see those cool graphics when you are riding? Nope? Then go for a comfortable fit.

Ohh sorry. It's not about the helmet. You just want to be noticed. My suggestion then is to buy a good quality helmet that gives the best vision you can get with the most safety. For the rest of what you want from a helmet, stick an Ostrich feather up your arse and dance naked in the town square. You will get plenty of attention.
Having a bad day?

I noticed you ride a Thruxton and own a Sprint 955i ST and a GSX1100SZ Katana, as well. I guess the aesthetics of those motorcycles and the kind of attention you get when riding them mean absolutely nothing to you, eh? I'll bet you only thought of the utilitarian aspects of the bikes when you bought them. :rolleyes:

Give the guy a break.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Having a bad day?

I noticed you ride a Thruxton and own a Sprint 955i ST and a GSX1100SZ Katana, as well. I guess the aesthetics of those motorcycles and the kind of attention you get when riding them mean absolutely nothing to you, eh? I'll bet you only thought of the utilitarian aspects of the bikes when you bought them. :rolleyes:

Give the guy a break.

I let that go after I read it, say what he wants these are slick helmets....even with no fancy graphics ImageUploadedByMO Free1407981566.963063.jpg

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've had both the Bell Bullit and the Castel on my head, and honestly I couldn't really tell the difference in quality. Both are for round-oval heads, the Castel had just a tiny, tiny bit more cheek padding. Both looked the part and were sufficiently light. I say buy what you want, regret is a bastard.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Having a bad day?

Give the guy a break.
Yeah your probably right. Wisest choice for me is to not even look in the "Does my arse look big in these?" fashion threads. They just annoy me. For me bikes are for riding. I just have to accept that for some they are fashion accessories.

Aesthetics as I see them were very important to me in the bikes I have owned. What anyone else thinks of them is entirely irrelevant. if it bothered me what people I know thought of my bikes I wouldn't have the Triumphs. Most of my friends regard the Thruxton and the 955i as little better than overweight underpowered scooters. Most of them do appreciate the Katana but that's because of nostalgia. I value the opinions of strangers far less.

Next time I see a thread asking which handbag best matches their new designer helmet I'll just wish them luck and roll on past the thread (as I should have this time).

·
Registered
297 Posts
61 - 72 of 72 Posts