Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I have had my ST for just over a week and after promising myself not to change it I bought a R&G tail tidy. It came yesterday. The instructions are dire.
Rather than ploughing on I thought i should ask the experts for help. The kit they sent me was the LP0013BK kit for my 2010 ST.
Unfortunately I am struggling to understand how the kit goes together; there are 2 brackets; the smaller one I think is meant to hide the wiring on assembly. The instructions dont show any images of how it assemblies or what the many holes in it are for. None of the holes in the 2 brackets line up.
I have searched You Tube for help alas I cant find any reference to my Sprint and the brackets inc.
Can anyone help with a video and or more detailed instructions please?
Cheers
Gary

·
Registered
32 Posts
There are 2 different mounting positions. Hopefully this picture will help.

Red Holes - Use these to mount in the rearward position so the indicators don't rub on the panniers

Yellow Holes - Use these for the forward position to tuck the lights in a bit.

The other 2 threaded holes are for the connector/wire cover.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorted.

What was good?
Wasn't as complicated as I thought and didn't take that long. (1 1/2 hrs)
No wire cutting required.
Reuse number plate illumination light (I expected to loose it)
All wires neatly tucked away on completion.
Hole options for style / panniers. (cheers Trudd)
Good quality thick gauge plate and good paint finish for longevity.
Looks Good on.

What wasn't so good.
Very poor instructions. Six lines of text no pictures. No list of parts and what they are for.
A bag of bits that were not required (added to confusion)
Had to bend the item to open up the angle to get the cable cover in.
Large light connector had to be forced through bracket hole.
Had to re-drill my number plate. (there are 2 brackets in the pack of fasteners for this- didnt look good)

Was it worth the money. Yes I think so.

I guess if you are the type who doesn't read instruction (eg Ikea) you'll be ok.

Any one need a hand in the North East let me know. I'll do it for you or help.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry we have had a covering of snow here over night grrrr.
I hope these 2 garage shots give a better view of the reassembled bike.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
It does look better without it although your license plates are YUGE!
Do you have saddlebags on that bike? I read about clearance issues but all of the threads kind of petered out without getting a definitive answer.

·
Registered
32 Posts
The tail tidy was modified to give the option of two mounting positions so the indicators don't hit the panniers in the rearward position.

This picture shows an original and updated tidy.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The tail tidy was modified to give the option of two mounting positions so the indicators don't hit the panniers in the rearward position.

This picture shows an original and updated tidy.

View attachment 718465
Yeah mine is like that I used the pannier holes. Due to the lack of garage space I'll have to remove the panniers to get everything in. I'm sure it will be OK. When the snow goes I'll post pictures panniers on.
The thing I am most worried about is in striving to make the bike look better I am exposing the light and wiring to greater exposure to the UK elements.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sorry its taken a while, we've had some pretty shitty weather recently here in the UK.
Anyway hopefully these picture prove that the R&G tail tidy work with the ST panniers. Rear mounting holes essential.

ps gotta hide the plate cos we have many dodge pots in the UK :-(

1 - 16 of 16 Posts