Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Leaving the pub last night, a friend alerted me that I had a working brake light, but no tail light. Got home, parked my 97 TB for the night. This morning I took a crack at checking it out. Now, no tail OR brake light....no power going to the assembly. Any thoughts? Any common problems with this bike that might cause this?
*update* fuses are fine
Thanks.

J

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
The brake and tail lights are separate circuits so no common fuse that I know of. There may be a common connector that is loose.
You didn't mention how you checked for power at the assembly.
They both share the same ground. I would make sure that the ground is getting there.

·
Registered
792 Posts
ive just refitted all the back lights as i was replacing the rear fender from what i rem the tail light and plate light all run into one plug that goes throu the fender via a rubber o ring id be looking at that first and also were it conects at plug but you not said how you checked it was it at plug or the light itself ?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol. yes checked the bulb.
Update. Turns out I haven't had a working tail light for about a month. I lost my key and "hotwired" the bike by putting in a toggle switch for the ignition. Apparently, a jumper wire should have been put in place also. I figured it out after staring at the wiring diagram for an hour.
Damn amateur electricians...
Thanks for all the input guys.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts