Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I've decided for a small winter project that I want to remove my rear fender, I'm not going the NewTruxton kit route, instead I'm going to build my own.

What I'm wondering is, where I can find a tail (brake) light that has it's mount points on the top such as the one in the NewThruxton kit. Do you guys know of a good internet resource for something like this?

I know there are a lot of "chopper" parts places but I'd rather get something brushed instead of chrome to be consistant with the indicators I'm ordering.

I know that the "upside down" mount brake light may be hard to come by, I plan on useing a piece of 1/4 or 1/8 abs plate where the fender is no so I might be able to extend it down and brace it to acomidate a bottom mount brake light.

Also, for you guys that have done them, did you reuse the stock wiring harness off the old tail light assembly or order a new one?

Thanks in advance for any answers or suggestions.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Guys,

Unfortunately I do not have a Thruxton seat with cowl to photograph with this fender. Maybe I can find a willing guinea pig to test-fit the fender and snap some photos (T1???).? The one's below are on a T100 with a solo seat.

Sweat: Bright... very bright

WV: The same company has semi-flush turn indicators and the fender has just enough side skirt to install them (as seen in photos).

Mike

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
I used 1/8 inch aluminum to form a bracket to mount the light and plate - it makes a 90 degree bend at the top and is bolted on with the two rear fender mounting bolts. Just spliced into the factory wiring. Stock rear fender cut down and painted black. A billet oval led was mounted that fits right into the curved brace between the 2 frame rails at the back of the bike.

John

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Robnobrakes and Thrux-ton-up I really like those setup and it's what I'm looking to do.

Where did you guys find those brake lights?

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
On 2006-12-13 07:31, mshelton wrote:
Robnobrakes and Thrux-ton-up I really like those setup and it's what I'm looking to do.

Where did you guys find those brake lights?
Mine was supplied by Motrax.

Here is their website:

www.motrax.co.uk

Look in accessories: LED CYCLOPS

[ This message was edited by: robnobrakes on 2006-12-13 08:26 ]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts