Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been searching the old forms and I am even more confused about the tail light applications available. I recently purchased a 2008 Sprint ST. The 2008 has a LED tail light. When I have searched for applications for a replacement for a 2008 most of the aftermarket listings only go to 2007. Does anybody know if the tail light assemblies are different for 2007 and 2008? I contacted Clear Alternatives and BikeTec and could not get an answer if their applications fit an 2008.
Feed back on the threads were mixed on the brightness of the Clear Alternatives integrated tail lights. Are there riders on this form that like the Clear Alternatives integrated tail light? I would like input on what works, what is safe, cost effective and does not make me feel like I am towing a circus wagon or a stealth vehicle.
Thanks for your time and wisdom

·
Premium Member
9,047 Posts
05 through 08 is the same tail light. I assume 09 is also.

I have used a CA integrated taillight for about two years and have not had anybody tell me that it is not bright enough. But I have read comments from others with a different opinion.

One item of note re the CA lights. It took three units before getting a reliable one. The first one failed after a month. The second was DOA. The third one has worked fine, unless I just jinxed it. Although I had problems with the units, I had no problems with their customer service. They were very responsive.

If safety is your concern, you could consider a set of Hyper Lites as a supplement.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I've used the CA for several years also with no issues. I even use the one with a smoked lens and no one has said it is not bright enough. Seemed brighter than the stock unit when I put it on.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I used a CA taillight on my Speed Triple, and had several comments that it was fairly dim and hard to see during the day. (If you're out front, and the rider behind nearly runs you over cuz he can't see your brakelight or signal, that can be a problem).

No problems at night, though.

I don't have one on my Sprint, so I don't know if the design or construction is different from the S3 in any way that might impact the visibility.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts