Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Can anyone tell me what model Lucas tail lamp was used on the 1947 T100 TIger.

When I got mine a few years back it did not have one. I would like to find one to install but I am not sure what model to look for.

Thanks,
Wayne

·
Registered
23 Posts
Pretty sure you need a Lucas MT211, like the repro one seen here:
https://feked.com/shop/index.php?productID=551
Triumph used this lamp until the early 1950s, and the small lens MT211 would be appropriate for your 1947 T100. The repro lights also have provision for running a brake light.
Replica Lucas lights are also available from folks such as Domiracer.
Hope that helps.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Not sure about the MT211 but the book says MT110, part #S30,09A and are also readily available, I used one on my 48T100.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mt-211 vs. Mt-110

That is the nature of my dilemma. I don't know if the 110 or the 211 is correct. Maybe Domiracer knows for sure. I may ask them.

I have a MT-110 replica but it is strange. It has two wires, One for the brake and one for the tail lamp. The problem is, there is now ground connection. The base of the of the bulb socket is pressure fitted into a large rubber washer in the base. There is no contact between the bulb socket base and the tail lamp mount.

Perhaps it is a poor qualtiy replica.

-Wayne

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MT-110 Wiring

Thanks Guys,

Did either of you have any problems with the wiring? I may have purchased a bad repro but I assume they are all made by the same manufacturer regardless of where you get them.

There just isn't a ground connection. I can solder one on to the base of the bulb socket but I don't think I should have to.

Thanks,
Wayne

·
Registered
24 Posts
I think I'v figured it out. You do have to have an MT211 and you cant just solder a ground to an MT110. The sockets are different, the 211 has offset fixing pins for the double filament bulbs and the 110 has opposing fixing pins for the single filament bulbs.

Hope this helps
Cheers
Terry

1 - 9 of 9 Posts