Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please can someone offer some advice,

I removed the Triumph tacho from my 04 Bonnie, it was working perfectly at the time of removal, it's now been fitted to another 04 Bonnie but now nothing appears to work, any suggestions.

[ This message was edited by: frenchie on 2007-03-05 14:37 ]

·
Registered
181 Posts
Not much to go on, but unless you dropped it, I'd check your wiring. Seems like the only variable.

There's even a thread in the wiki devoted to tach wiring. you could probably check your work based on that.

·
Registered
11,070 Posts
At a certain point, Triumph added wiring for the tacho where it wasn't before (you had to add the wire yourself and it's in the tacho kit). The changeover is at VIN 149948, per the tacho kit instructions. I'm not sure which model year that is.

Make sure that you're wired for a tachometer in the first place. The only other thing to do is check the wiring, as Nathan said.

·
Registered
581 Posts
yeah, anything earlier than about 03 had to have a wire run back to the igniter, and it has to be pushed real far and hard into the igniter as I found when fitting a tach to my 01. It will certainly be a wiring glitch (unless your tacho got run over or something..)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey,

A side question from a newbie.....

Do the tachometers need to be calibrated if you are installing one where there wasn't before? :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts