Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First my tacho started bouncing around a couple of years ago I tried to take it apart but ended up cracking the glass trying to pry the chrome rim up and I had to by a new one it cost me $300 ! now the new one has started to do the same thing again, also my speedo is bouncing around everywhere, only starts to do this after about an hour of riding but it is realy bad and annoying. Tried lubing up the cable/gauge ,didnt work.Have any of you blokes experienced the same problems, or have any solutions for these***** instruments. :???: :mad:

·
Premium Member
3,674 Posts
Someone here abouts has fitted the clocks from the T5 Speed Triple on a T3 and it works...apparently plus it gives you a Temp gauge too.

I don't know where but might be worth a search to find out if that idea floats your boat.. :wink:

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so the gauges from a t5 will fit into the the t3 gauge mounts ? im not to sure of how the t5 gauges mount but I thought that those gauges were all in one complete unit therefore they wouldn't fit into the t3 mounts without modifying and fitting the whole unit.If thats the case I don't think it would look to good with those gauges fitted.Have you guys had any success in repairing the originals?.Thanks for the tips.

·
Registered
572 Posts
You got it backwards, T3 DAYTONA gauges in T5 gauge pod. It wasn't easy, especially building the mount because it's hidden and you can't measure it when it's all together. I had to shoot from the hip when I made it but got it on the first try and adjusted it a little. Another factor was the T3 Daytona top triple clamp, it made more room for the gauge pod. It is not easy except for the wiring which plugged right in and gave me a temp gauge and low fuel light! I also wanted the T5 flyscreen which works great. I am a fabricator by trade and this is not a bolt on item but I will share my info if someone wants it.

more pics here
http://www.putfile.com/meanchuck/images

[ This message was edited by: meanchuck on 2006-12-17 03:59 ]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts