Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, First of all, I could have sworn I posted this a couple years ago when I got my 2002 Bonnie, but I couldn't find anything with a search, so here goes:

Back when I had my carbureted Scrambler, there were a couple of companies out there that made a tachometer kit for the carbureted Bonnies that didn't come with factory tachs.

I had thought that Newbonneville or Bellacorse would have them, but I can't find anything like that available now.

Does anybody know of a kit to add a tach to my non-tach equipped Bonnie? If it came with an ignition relocate kit that would be a bonus as I hate the stock ignition location on the upper left fork.

Seems like there's lots of stuff out there for the water cooled Bonnies and the air cooled EFI bikes but accessories for air cooled carbureted bikes seem to be getting more difficult to find.

Besides Bellacorse and Newbonneville, where else should I be looking?

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Son of the Wind

From their web site:

"Son Of The Wind will be temporarily down for a few months while we relocate to Italy. Until then no orders will be taken from our website or from our distributors until we are up and running. Thanks for your patience. Be back soon!
SOTW"

Anyone know of anywhere else such a kit is available? Once again I feel like I have to emphasize that this is for a carb'd 790, not an EFI bike.

·
Registered
10,248 Posts
New Bonneville used to sell an aftermarket tacho kit. You could e-mail Brent and ask if he still has one, or can put his hands on one.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nearly two years on, I'm revisiting this - with a twist!

About a month after I posted the above, I was able to obtain a factory tach and "dashboard" with cutouts for two clocks from a guy who had an 03 T100. I ordered a tach cable kit from the local Triumph shop. I'm thinking that installation should be pretty straightforward since it is all factory parts. Anyone else done this swap?

I paid a whopping $10 for the parts and the seller threw in a couple of tank knee pads as well. I'm still on the fence about those though. I hate to cover any of the gorgeous paint on this bike!

·
Registered
10,248 Posts
Obtain a copy of the factory kit instructions and you'll have no trouble installing it. I hope that you got a complete harness for it (as supplied in the factory kit) and not just a tacho wire, because you'll need the harness.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts