Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

T595 rear brake pads

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  rubber biscuit 
#1 ·
The pads for the rear brake have different thicknesses (new pads). What's going on here...obviously when the thinner one wears down its game over....anyone have an insight into Triumph's design?

#6 ·
I installed Carbone Lorraine pads and they were the same thickness on my T595. The rear caliper is twin piston, side by side, not opposed. But, they develop brake force once the pedal is applied just as a 4 pot caliper does. All pads just sit there unless used. Have no explanation for the OP's situation. Never bought oem pads from Triumph.

#8 ·
OK, a little clearer on the measurement now. I thought you were talking about differences friction material thickness, but you mean total thickness, right? Is friction material equal?

I noticed the EBC p/n of FA214/2 covers several Triumph part numbers that cover different models. The Triumph (Nissin) pads all have the same shape, that is, they all will fit so, I can only conclude The Triumph (Nissin) pads have different friction material for their application or Triumph's parts scheme is needlessly complicated.

I have right in front of me a set of 2011 Sprint GT pads, Triumph p/n T 2020071-T0301 and they have an overall thickness of just a hair over 8mm. Friction material comes in at 5mm. I have no idea why EBC would vary overall pad thickness. Pads seldom wear out exactly evenly so EBC may be compensating for what their research has shown, I should hope I'd have changed pads before I they got to only a mm or so left though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.