I'm trying to get my friends 1996 T509 to start, as he is a single perent he can't rely afford to take to dealer. Basically I've got to the point where I think the ECU may be at fault. I'll give a basic review:
-Fuel pump initial prime has been gradually getting fainter.
- Bike now will not start, fuel pump does not prime but bike cranks OK. Stand up, clutch in, kill switch ok.
- Traced fuel pump rely not being pulled in, power available and if connected to live and earth rely operates OK.
- Tested pump by jumping rely to operate it and pump operates correctly.
- If I earth ECU return terminal to ground rely switches ok, so getting feed from ECU but not grounding return.
- If I jump rely to run pump and provide power to coils and crank bike it still will not start.
- I've checked earth's from ECU as they go to diagnostic plug and have continuity to battery earth
- I've tried to look for the earth connecter block, as mentioned in other posts, but can't find it. The primary earths from the battery seem to go straight into the loom and then to the alternator ground. there does not appear to be any connector blocks in the harness.
- I've removed the tank to ensure I've not missed anything.
Please help I'm now at a loss other then either to take to dealer to check or try to get a second hand ECU to try.