Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FAAAAAAAAAAARRRK!

My fork tubes are marked (through wear) and have started leaking (again).
Im looking at the possibility of re-chroming or Gold nitriding (which would be cool).

or

Does anyone know if I can fit shorter tubes than standard from another model?

The forks are from a '95 speed triple (with full adjustment) and Ive got lots showing through the top yoke/clamp.
If I can source some shorter tubes from another Hinckley model I can kill two birds with one stone.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I put later model Daytona 1200 forks on my 94 Trophy - they are shorter and supposed to be set flush with the yokes (top of tube - not the flat face of the nut) but I have dropped them through about 5mm in an attempt to sharpen the steering - think I might go another 5...

·
Registered
582 Posts
Just looked at the manual - Daytona and Speed Triple after VIN 29156 should be set flush so I assume that means those would all be the shorter ones

·
Registered
422 Posts
wheeltrax,

not sure what you are riding, but I have a Trident that I just switched over to speed triple forks. The new forks were about an inch shorter than the old ones, and now sit flush with the top triple tree. I also changed the trident bars to clip ons (mounted below the top) so for me it didn't matter about the bars. For Trident and other models where the bars are mounted to the top by the two screws, it probably doesn't make any difference whether or not any of the fork extends above the top triple. The screws do all the work in holding the bars on.

BTW, the forks I took off are in great condition and just sitting in my garage. The had all seals and oil changed about 5000 mile ago. If you are interested I'll make you a deal. Send me a pm

1 - 4 of 4 Posts