Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

41 - 60 of 198 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
Not strictly T3, but.... For people who have done the Tokico 6-pot upgrade, here's a list of compatible pads I compiled from the EBC catalog & elsewhere.

EBC: FA188
Dunlop: DP216
Ferodo: FDB 873, FDB 2144
Galfer: FD156
Gold Fren: 039
SBS: 686
Vesrah: VD-349

As I write this, the Galfer organic pads are $21/set at Bike Bandit.

Cheers,
-Kit

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
Mikuni Carb kits, sort of....

A couple days ago, I got 3 Keyster K-584 carb rebuild kits from Sirius in Canada. They're not 100%, but considering the fact that Triumph wants $8 a pop for float bowl gaskets & doesn't sell the float valves they're definitely worth the $12.50.

The bad:

O-ring for front of float not provided.
O-ring for vacuum connection at top of carb not provided.

The good:

Float bowl gasket works.
Float valve works.
O-ring for mixture screw provided.
O-ring for valve side of float provided.

I was slightly disappointed at not getting all my o-rings, but I definitely feel like it was money well spent.

BTW, an o-ring with a slightly smaller ID & larger section can be used for the vac connector up top, but don't even try anything with a thicker section for the front of the float.

Cheers,
-Kit

·
Registered
99 Posts
throttle cable..

I found out last night the throttle cable on the Speed Triple is the same as on the Kawasaki EX/GPZ500 twins. Wish I knew that before I spent £35 on one...

·
Registered
366 Posts
wheels

Does anyone know if front wheels from later sprints will fit T3 bikes? I realize they have a different brake rotor bolt pattern. Assuming I got a RS/ST wheel complete with rotors, would it work with my T3 brakes? Are the axles the same? Any info would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
I just don't have the time or space to pull the wheels off & give you a definitive answer, sorry.

I can tell you that the forks on my '04 Sprint RS look really similar to the forks on my Trident, but the speedo cable running from the front wheel to the instrument cluster is electronic, not mechanical.

One of the standard mods for the 955 Sprints is bolting on a set of Tokico 6-pots from a 'busa or a Z-Rex, so the brake caliper mounting bolt spacing is the same at least.

If I had more disposable income, the wheels on eBay that you're looking at would be mine for track days. :p

Cheers,
-Kit

·
Registered
294 Posts
What about disc rotors for 1994-1996 Daytona/Speed Triple?
Are there any replacement options?
All feedback very welcomed as new Triumph rotors cost a small fortune and I need a set soon.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm having the same problem, have you considered buying a pair of the $200 discs (something common, say gsxr,cbr) off eBay from china and getting a local engineering mob to make up some adapter spacers.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I'm having the same problem, have you considered buying a pair of the $200 discs (something common, say gsxr,cbr) off eBay from china and getting a local engineering mob to make up some adapter spacers.
Im not sure about adapter plates on brakes
:confused:
Apparently Show and Go stock OEM comparable rotors for
Front $289 AUS each with pads
Rear $189 AUS with pads

Here is the link www.showandgo.com.au

Ive no idea what they are like, but its 1/3 price of Triumph.

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
Clip-ons

Here's a list of other bikes that take 43mm clip-ons. Theoretically, that means handlebars from these bikes should fit ours....

Buell M2 Cyclone

Honda CBR600 F4/F4i

Yamaha R6 ('99-'04)

Kawasaki Z-Rex has 43mm forks as well, but it doesn't come with clip-ons.

Cheers,
-Kit

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
A couple comments on the ZRex forks. They are 43mm like the Triumph forks and are fully adjustable. But, if you're thinking about the ZRX forks you should be aware that they are shorter than the stockers. I found that rotating the rear axle adjustors 180 degrees dropped the back end about the same amount that the shorter forks dropped the front. The ZRex triple trees are not a straight swap. You'd be better off sticking with the Triumph ones. I also needed to have a new front axle spacer fabricated and had to make up a bracket for the speedo drive--Kawi drives theirs off the left side of the wheel, Triumph off the right. And finally, I couldn't make the Sprint fender work with the ZRX forks so I used a Kawi fender.

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
Compatible oil filters (not personally verified).

Amsoil: SMF 101
CarQuest: CFI-89941
Emgo: 10-37500
Fram: CH6012
Hastings: LF571
Honda: 15410-426-010
Honda: 15410-300-024
Kawasaki: 16099-003
K&N: KN-401
NAPA: 4941
Perf-Form: J-501
Purolator: ML16812
STP: SMO-12 or SMO-09
Triumph: 1210031
WIX: 24941
Yamaha: 36Y-13441-00

·
Registered
10 Posts
brake rotors help!

still no word on if zrx front rotors will fit my 95 s3 or and japanese brake rotors....seems odd so many zrx and busa brake bits fit on our bikes but no one has found out about the rotors...please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i need them bad
e-mail [email protected]

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
Sorry, man, but no one has found any interchangeable rotors outside the T3 series Triumphs. Doesn't look like anything else will work, as EBC's cross reference only shows T3s swapping with each other.

Cheers,
-Kit

·
Registered
39 Posts
I didn't have any luck with matching Triumph bolt patterns etc. to anything else. You can use http://www.metalgear.com.au/ to search for fitment to nearly anything; and if you click on the part number you get inside and outside diameter, mounting hole diameter, thickness, type etc. IMHO their discs are well priced, normally in stock, and sold with new pads (it's their policy).
You can search by model, find a part number and spec, then search by part number which will tell you what other models that disc fits. Unfortunately; it tends to confirm a lack of compatibility...

·
Registered
6 Posts
1996 Trident 750 Exhaust

Hi there, can anyone give me a list of what silencers will slip onto a 1996 Trident 750 without changing anything or affecting the fuelling etc? There is a hole in my RH silencer...

Thanks

Neil

·
Registered
826 Posts
any of the t3 silencers will fit, but different models have slightly different angles.but........ if you get the rear footpeg hangers from (for example) a daytona, you can fit the sportier, raised cans from a daytona.
i believe they used the same cans for all the different engine types, whether 4 or 3 cylinders.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Im not sure about adapter plates on brakes
:confused:
Apparently Show and Go stock OEM comparable rotors for
Front $289 AUS each with pads
Rear $189 AUS with pads

Here is the link www.showandgo.com.au

Ive no idea what they are like, but its 1/3 price of Triumph.
There was a mob up Coffs Harbour way (Taree?) doing real cheap replacement discs. Just the discs, you bolt them onto your existing carriers.
I can't see them on ebay now but if you want I can go back through my old mail and find their details.
--
Clem

·
Registered
107 Posts
Kawasaki ZX10 mirrors are the same as 900 Sprint mirrors ('cept they have "Kawasaki" imprinted on them but on older Sprints you can peel off the gel "Triumph" from your old mirror and cover that up. (And your old mirror will probably say "Kawasaki" underneath like mine did!)
--
Clem

·
Registered
188 Posts
Another option to the shorter 43mm kaw tubes

I guess it depends on how much work you want to put into making them fit. If your Trident has the same 43mm fork tubes as my Sprint you can make almost any 43 mm fork work. If you want a direct bolt-in replacement your options might be limited.
For instance, I'm running a set of forks from a ZRX1200 on FrankenSprint. They are fully adjustable and the caliper mounts were the same as the Sprint. OTOH, they are also shorter than the Sprint forks, needed a different wheel spacer and since the ZRex runs the speedo from the other side, I had to make a bracket for the speedo mount. I'm also running a ZRex front fender cuz the Sprint fender wouldn't fit. I dealt with the shorter length of the forks by rotating the rear axle adjusters which dropped the rear end by the same amount that the shorter forks dropped the front.
:Dance02:
I used the longer 43mm tubes off the triumph with the inerds and fork lowers from the kawasaki. It was a pain and I had to lengthen the long damper adjustment rod, but you don't loose all that ground clearance. No guarantee that all the inards will switch over like mine did, but keep an open minded when pulling all the bits a part. It was very tempting to just use the kaw tubes and sliders as is, but on my Legend I wasn't sure about being able to balance the bike from the rear without everything scraping.

I shaped brackets to the fender and riveted them together so that it looks fairly stock. I cocked up some way to use the Kaw speedo drive with the stock speedo cable with a bit of cutting and ziptying. Not watertight so destined to fail. I'll fix it then, for now I'm riding.:HappyRoll:

41 - 60 of 198 Posts