Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

181 - 198 of 198 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Fan switch

For those in Aus try alibaba express I have just found the fan switch for $10 delivered.I entered the part number in the search box.Part number is (8DO-959-481B0).

·
Registered
38 Posts
Any clip ons from other Triumphs of the 90's fit the 98 Trident? Thought I saw one on you tube but can't find it now. Anyone put clip ons on their Trident?

Gary

·
Registered
422 Posts
I did. Any of the Speed Triple or Daytona bars from a T3 will fit, as well as some aftermarket ones. You will need to cut down the tubes on your headlight brackets. I strongly advise you to buy some new rubbers that go around the bracket before you do it. The old ones will be sticky and tough to re-use. If you want to mount them above the yoke, then you need to have enough of the stanchions extending above the yoke to clamp to. Understand that if you raise them that much, you might want to lower your rear so that you don't upset your geometry.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Temperature sender

VW part number 026-906-161 fits my 98 sprint.The thread is M10x1.5 but you cannot use a spanner to tighten as the nut is too big. Just tap the nut lightly using a flat bladed screwdriver and hammer to tighten it up. Also the terminals are different but it is easy to either change the connecter on the loom,or make a small adapter using a couple of terminals and a short piece of suitable hookup wire.I am still looking for one with the dimensions.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Brake and Clutch master Cylinder

Just rebuilt both using K&L 32-1095 for the clutch and K&L 32-1096 for the front brake master. About $29.00 for clutch and $22.00 for brake kit. Triumph wanted silly prices.

·
Registered
17 Posts
How do we open this spread sheet I have tried and am directed to a drop down that tells me I have to buy zip? Is that what I have to do?

Ta

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hello

Can I assume you changed the master cylinder to match?

Thanks.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Any other t3 shock will work, Ohlins, Hagon, YSS and many others make direct aftermarket replacements or will make a custom for you based upon your weight and riding preference

·
Registered
5 Posts
96 Speed Triple cooling system

Guys I managed to crack the L/H outer radiator protector and also the plastic radiator manifold cracked...looks like it's dead.

Question is what other years or models have the same rad and covers? Searching for 96 isn't turning up anything

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
Any clip ons from other Triumphs of the 90's fit the 98 Trident? Thought I saw one on you tube but can't find it now. Anyone put clip ons on their Trident?

Gary
Gary....the bars from the Sprint Sport model fit in the same place as the Tridents bars, above the top yolk, but are about 2-3 inches lower. A good alternative if Speedie clip ons are too low for comfort (for oldies like me).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi,

does anyone one know about a (preferably gravity fed) alternative to the fuel tap on the T3 models?
I've just about had it after 2 rebuilds in 3 years of ownership.

Cheers

181 - 198 of 198 Posts