Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All right British guru's I need your help. I have just finished completely restoring my 1978 T140V. It fires up first kick stone cold everytime with just a tickle. Idles great and runs great from idle to about 3,000rpm. When I give it gas on the road it acts like its missing or cutting out...lots of hesitation. And it gets progressively worse as I move into higher gears. I haven't been past 3rd yet because when I give it throttle in 3rd I dont think it could fight thru the hestitation to get up to 4th. And it almost seems to get a little worse as it gets up to normal operating temp as well. Tonight I reset the timing at 38deg before TDC and checked it with a light to fine tune it the best I could. Pulled the airboxes to make sure the carb slides were moving freely and in sync and everything checks out fine. Went for a ride and its still doing it.
ANY SUGGESTIONS????

·
Registered
59 Posts
HI Take your carbs off and clean them ,Amals are easy to clean but todays gas does not stay good very long ,they are easy to reset when back on the bike

·
Registered
184 Posts
i bought a 75-750 that ran simular at 3,000 , points looked godd -took it to a triumph
nut and he noted the taper that drives onto the end of the cam [ that the points opening /closing rubbing block mounts on ] was missaligned
he undid the bolt through the centre, pulled the shaft and put it back on straight

1 - 3 of 3 Posts