Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me if this is the correct position for the cam plate when re assembling. If it's not can anyone tell me which way it needs to go etc. I am going off the haynes manual and it only has a picture for a 4 speed transmission. Thanks. Thats the clearest picture I can get. You can make out the plunger, and hopefully the position of the plate.

Chad Miller

Attachments

·
Registered
372 Posts
The camplate should be in the neutral position which from the picture looks like it is. One can be fooled by a photo

Your plate should be positioned exactly like the one shown on page d13 in the manual. The cam plate should look as if it is centered with the closely spaced detentes on either side of the locating pin.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
My plate (the plate its self) looks slightly different than that pictured in D13. Off the top of your head can you tell me whether the locating pin lands in a dibbet when its in the neutral position, or on top of one of the archs. Thanks for bearing with my photos, my cell phone is all i have to take pictures.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts