Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to you all,

Can anyone confirm the following for me please.

A pal of mine is just about to start a re-biuld of a Triumph Flat Track.

The engine stamp is T140 "D", am i correct in saying this engine shares it's primary oil with it's engine oil.like a T140 "V".

And also can anyone tell me the year's the T140 "D" engine was produced.

Thank you for reading.

Regards Simon.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I should have asked but did't.

Doeas anyone know the differance between the engine T140 "V" and T140 "D", if any or was it more to do with the model and year ie upgrade of model.

Thank you.

Simon.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Major difference is that the D and E versions had a cylinder head with parallel inlets and Amal Mk2 concentric carbs. Ignition was electronic, with a Lucas RITA system. Spark plugs were changed to Champion N5. The engines ran quite lean, the E in T140E denoted 'emissions'. Mk2 carbs dont have ticklers that drip petrol when the carbs are flooded, and the engine breathers (off the back of the primary chaincase and the exhaust rocker box) are routed back into the air filter. All this to keep oil and petrol fumes and vapours from getting into the atmosphere. The D models had cast alloy wheels and a 2-1 exhaust. The engine breaths into the primary case, same as the V.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts