Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I got my 76 t140v running I have had a continual wet sump problem and was wondering if there is anything else to do besides replace the pump. I changed the pressure regulator cause it had a bunch of scratches in it. Then I took apart the oil pump and it was clean and seemed to pump good, I reseated the balls and cleaned it out while also replacing the oil seals in the cover. I also pulled off the breather line to see if it was plugged and there was no change. Besides the smoke and excessive oil in the sump when drained, there also is oil leaking out of the alternator wiring plug.. I noticed that at idle the oil spurts in pulses out of the oil return in the frame and becomes steady once Rpms are increased. I tried to research this problem and I am to the point where I am thinking that the pump may just be a little Weak. One other thing that I was looking at but was not 100% sure that I had the correct information on was that maybe I swapped the scavenge and input lines. What is the correct orientation for these? I think it was scavenge line on the most outer pump pipe? Any advice appreciated!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 2 of 2 Posts