Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy!

My jubilee motor is very happy lately thanks to help I got here. I have some more questions about the motor mounts.

There is an empty hole through the bottom frame rails which seems to go through the belly of the cases. (77 motor 66 frame) I'm guessing someone removed a center stand at some point? It seems to want a 7/16" bolt around 6 or 7 inches long. Is there a stock part that I should be looking for? The local hardware store doesn't stock that kind of thing ;)

Second Q: when I got the bike it had no head steadies. Of course it wanted to shake your teeth out of your head when you rev it up. The front rocker cover has a stud on it so I fabricated a piece to tie it into the frame, but the rear rocker's stud has been cut off flush. Should I be worried about breaking the front one with engine vibes since it's not tied into the rear?

Thanks!
Radar

·
Premium Member
2,895 Posts
Hi Radar,

The jug to describe is the engine lower mounting lug. (The stand is mounted further back on the frame). You are correct, there should be a long stud in there, it's a stock part that can be bought from most Triumph parts places. I'm sure someone will chime in with the part number.

I'm not that familiar with the pre OIF head steadies but I've seen plenty of Tritons (including race bikes) that have only used the front rocker box to attach a head steady, so I guess it should be OK.

I hope this helps

Webby

1 - 2 of 2 Posts