Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im currently rebuilding a t140 however for what im trying to achieve the current front master cylinder is too long. Im aware that just about any 13mm master cylinder will work. But has anyone got any pictures of such a set up on a t140 as i also want to try and keep some originality. Or are there other master cylinders similar to the original just a bit shorter?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
9,579 Posts
I don't know about the length but yam 650 MCs seem to be popular?
Are they Magura?

Phil at LP Williams is worth a chat.

You'll loose the switches if you have a T140E

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm guessing you mean the xs650 if so this one looks to be my best option http://www.mikesxs.net/product/08-4005.html which works out at about £70 delivered. But I could get a brembo one for about £40 second hand although I'm not sure how good it would look.

I have the t140d so I could keep the switch gear although I'll probably replace it for something more simple.

·
Registered
301 Posts
The E and D have combined switchgear and levers so you may have to be inventive
It also starts to get expensive.:(
I had a pair of flat tracker style handlebars left from a SR500 project and thought they might look good on my T140D.I did'nt like the way the standard master cylinder fitted so looked at fitting a Brembo 'matchbox' cylinder from a Ducati 750 Monster.I had an old spare one I could try,..looked great,but now I had a problem,....no lighting/engine stop switch and no throttle.:(
Ok,I'll use a throttle from the earlier T140V and a switch from Paul Goffs electrical site (Bottom of the page)
Ah,...now the Brembo lever looks odd with the standard Triumph clutch lever.After a bit of digging the lever fitted to many '70's Yamaha's was close enough.
Ah,...now hang on,...the Triumph clutch lever has integrated switchgear,....I'll need another switch.:mad:
Hmm,...all this to change some 'bars,...and there is no telling whether I'll like them.
I'll leave it then.:rolleyes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts