Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My original Lucas Rotor is in good condition, but my stator is pretty beat up. Will it be alright to put a sparx stator over my Lucas rotor? Or should I try and find an original? Thanks for any guidance

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Completely off track... But can I use a hardening liquid gasket compound I bought at an automotive shop for putting the cases back together?

·
Registered
372 Posts
For your cases try something like Loctite 515 which is an anaerobic gasket maker. Use only a little bit - a thin film. I cleans up real easy, doesn't stain anything easy, not messy to work with, removes real easy if you need to go back inside and, best of all, it works like a charm.

Can't help you with the Sparx sizing issue - never seen one. Your stator is repairable though. There's very little to go wrong unless you fried it. I'm betting the feed wires is what has you all concerned - the insulation has stiffened and the connection to the stator itself is so so. Replace the wires and don't forget to put a piece of loom over the outside.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the tip Thirdbike,
There is another problem with my alternator... When the engine was dismantled before I purchased, the wire was cut right where it come out of the case. Would it be alright to splice that wire?

·
Registered
372 Posts
To splice, ensure you have a very secure connection using a good quality crimp fitting and then shrink tube it to seal the joint andensure problem free service.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts