Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think it is the same one advertised about a year ago.£18,000 this time.https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Triumph-T120RT/264552482467?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

·
Registered
5,106 Posts
rambo

I am also sure its the same one. Nice bike with mostly correct details.

I love reading what these guys have to say when they are trying to sell a RT Usually real funny. This gentleman says maybe only 20 left in the world. Another guy that posted a picture claimed his was the only original one left.

K

·
Registered
7,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its a shame people put value on those magic RT stamps when this could be riding around doing what it was built for. Being in an area with a lot of Vincents around that sell for over £50,000, the owners tend to ride them quite hard . i suppose if you spend that money, it is only fair to get the benefit. I would want to ride every bike i owned but so often,some owners just think it is an investment.

·
Registered
200 Posts
My word, that was a big price drop, £2000 plus open to offers.

It still seems (to me) a lot for a bike that is only 50 years old, it is in very good condition and a nice bike though. I suppose it might end up in someone’s collection, which here in England might be sensible as it wouldn’t last many of our winters without looking a bit tarnished.

Alan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There are now 2 of them on ebay UK now. One is unrestored and being sold by an importer at £9999. Of course, they will be a higher price just due to the history behind the model. I prefer to ride a bike so i would just buy a normal bike at a fair price. I hate to see these immaculate bikes around the Country that are not even started up let alone taken out for fun. One bike at Stafford show, i said to the owner that it is a wasted bike that just goes around in a van. He insisted he rode it everywhere despite the shiny inside of the silencers, new tyres that still had all the rubber pimples on and were 6 years old according to the date letters. They win prizes for some peoples pleasure i suppose. Still a lot riding old bikes in my area but we are all getting elderly..

·
Registered
200 Posts
... re-listed at only £15,000 now - maybe I’m wrong, but that still seems a lot. Ho hum.

Alan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts