Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
they are a litle bit better than the standad seat, also add more comfort for pillion as there is gel there as well as rider position, the seat is more sculptured for the rider but comfort can be very subjective
IMO they do look better as a bonus having ribs all along the top of the seat

·
Registered
248 Posts
There have been a lot of posts saying that they're worse. I went for the king & queen seat, that's comfortable - I have yet to take Mrs Zero on it though.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I agree with the slightly better for comfort. They are also slightly taller making for a little less knee bend if you have longer legs. That was the biggest improvement for me.

Chuck

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
I did not find it to be more comfortable at all and sold mine.

The best thing you can do is send your stock seat to Spencer at GreatDayToRide.com. He does a great job reworking it. It's only about $100 or so.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Just because its called a comfort seat doesn't make it more comfortable, its just a name they decided on, I ordered a comfort seat as soon as I brought my new Thruxton as the stock seat was a solo seat and needed a duel seat for the wife as well my throw over leather saddle bags when traveling, after riding the Truxton for 3 weeks before the comfort seat arrived the stock seat was a pain in my arse when riding but the comfort seat was so much better and can ride all day without any problems and it also looks great on the Thruxton, so far the wife hasn't complained about it when she does get out on the bike, everyone will have a different opinion on the comfort of the comfort seat but on my bike I like it and have clocked up a lot of miles on it.

Ashley

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
i forget the brand but there is DIY seat kits for a fraction of the price, you pick what you want + all you need to do is glue the foam on + staple the cover to the pan, air works or maybe electric may work not so much by hand. did my BMW G650GS seat easy peazy!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I test sat on one at my dealer it seems better but they wouldn't let me take it for a test ride, I found a used one on Ebay for $200.00 if I don't like it at least I have a one that I can send off to get it re-worked.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I ordered the comfort seat when I ordered my '16 T120 Black. #1 reason was that the comfort seat was black! Black suit, brown shoes just doesn't work!

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
generally you need over an hour to access unless all your rides are shorter! riding my 2012 mag wheeler home about 45 min after purchasing quickly showed i needed a different seat, but didn't find out until a longer ride the slightly rearsets were NOT for me, hence only 5900 at trade in 2 wks ago!

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
Generally you need over an hour to access unless all your rides are shorter! riding my 2012 mag wheeler home about 45 min after purchasing quickly showed i needed a different seat...
I had a similar experience with the comfort seat. It’s fine for about an hour but after that I‘m squirming. This is obviously going to vary with different riders. I still like the comfort seat for it’s appearance and slightly higher saddle. I will eventually send it off to Spencer to have better padding installed.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Like some of the others I ordered a comfort seat when I bought the T120 new in 2017. It is worse than the standard seat for me, an hours riding is absolute tops and my butt is in agony. Bought a Corbin Gunfighter and Lady, looks good with the leather cover, cost an absolute fortune with import charges etc, it too gives me an hour then the pains set in. Just getting too old for riding now I suppose.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
many riders forget about their suspension that contributes a LOT to comfort or not, factory setups are decent at best depending on you, what is good for 150 lb is not for 300, but the later prolly has a lot of natural cushion!!

·
Registered
246 Posts
I agree with Shady. It's better than the standard seat. When I purchased my T120, the dealer gave me a discount on accessories, otherwise I think the price is a little steep, but it is better and I think it looks better too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has anyone gotten one of these comfort seats from Triumph and are they more comfortable on longer rides?
I recently purchase a Mustang - Sport Touring Seat for my 2016 T100. I like it a lot ! Not very expensive see image. You will need to see if one will fit your bike and year.

·
Registered
18 Posts
My experience with the T120 comfort seat is that it is a little better than the stock seat and more attractive. I rarely take a ride that is under two hours and most are longer than that, and I found that the comfort seat was good for about an hour plus a little. I do like the way it looks and like the white stitched logo. I keep an Air Hawk mounted 90% of time and love it, even if it doesn’t exactly enhance the looks of the bike.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just because its called a comfort seat doesn't make it more comfortable, its just a name they decided on, I ordered a comfort seat as soon as I brought my new Thruxton as the stock seat was a solo seat and needed a duel seat for the wife as well my throw over leather saddle bags when traveling, after riding the Truxton for 3 weeks before the comfort seat arrived the stock seat was a pain in my arse when riding but the comfort seat was so much better and can ride all day without any problems and it also looks great on the Thruxton, so far the wife hasn't complained about it when she does get out on the bike, everyone will have a different opinion on the comfort of the comfort seat but on my bike I like it and have clocked up a lot of miles on it.

Ashley
[/QUO I purchased one of the King Queen seats as well for my 2008 Thruxton for 2 up riding. Beter than the stock seat but didnt do any long distances like over 200 miles in a day.
I now have a 2018 T120 and the stock seat is horrible. Right now I'm having a custom 2 up seat being constructed to my design and specs---hoping that it will be the "perfect" seat. So much depends upon the rider and passenger comfort threasholds---no two people are quite exactly the same so buying a seat on the shelf is a crap shoot---it may be great or it may not. When I get the seat, Ill try and take a few pictures to post here on this thread. Who knows, maybe I can get a few more made up and sell if anyone interested. I havent gotten the bill yet for mine so not sure of the cost yet---depends on covering materials and thread colors and any inserts--patterns etc. First comes the foam shapes and types and a fitting on the bike to check out how it looks--sitting on it and maybe a few short rides to test out its effectiveness----when that is accepable--then the cover is made and installed. Then the sticker shock.---

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Has anyone gotten one of these comfort seats from Triumph and are they more comfortable on longer rides?
I put a Triumph comfort seat on my T120 a few years ago and found it was an improvement from the stock seat - it became maybe a 2+ hour seat for me. I thought it was comparable to a Burton seat I have on an older air cooled T100. Seats and many other things are pretty subjective for many riders, so you get a lot of opinions on all of this stuff. Some people swear by Corbins, others swear at them, so you just have to take your chances and try to have your stock seat remade or decide on a new one from someone else. Good luck!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts