Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All

I have put just over 1000km on my T120 Diamond - it goes in for the first service tomorrow - and my a$$ is telling me that the stock seat just wont do. I have approached Corbin - their Gunfighter & Lady seat looks like it will fit the bill - But there is some uncertainty whether the seat for the 2020 models is the same as the seat for the 2019 models.

I think so me they are. But does anyone know for certain?

Thx

G

·
Premium Member
1,359 Posts
Corbins are HARD. With the forward riding position, would your butt even reach the bucket? JB44 likes the OEM King and Queen seat.

·
Registered
269 Posts
The Triumph Comfort seat is a little better than the stock one.
It should have come as standard, but they want $300 for a comfortable seat.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Yes on the comfort seat ... it is a bit more 'comfortable' (for me) than the stocker was, but it needed some break in time. I was initially disappointed in it, but perseverence paid off ... still questionable if it was worth the steep price.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Geoff, Tubs, down under.
I bought my bike second hand and rode it home, about 3700 km's on the Triumph comfort seat. It's a trap! It's not that comfy. I turfed that and obtained an OEM King and Queen. I can highly recommend it to you. My tender areas don't get so tender anymore.
There are other threads about modifications for the stock seats, but they all seem US based. I just paid the man. Looks good IMHO and fitted straight on no muss no fuss. Rode home from the shop on it. Stupid grin on my face. Loved it then and love it now. Probably another 5k km's since. No Complaints.

Good luck with your final choice. As long as it keeps you riding and makes you smile. You'll soon forget the price.

Cheers

·
Registered
42 Posts
The Corbin is hard as stated. I got a seat from British Bits. Its comfy BUT my seating surface stretched. BB said it was me.... Just an option.

·
Registered
438 Posts
For me the so called comfort seat is worse than the original one, 300 plus euros for a naff seat. Later decided to buy the Corbin Gunfighter and Lady, better but not by much, does look good though. Not sure what seat is best, I could sit in the Kawasaki I had all day and no trouble but this one after an hour is purgatory.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanx all for your comments.

I had a Corbin on my Moto Guzzi T-5 - I put over 250k miles on it. When I last saw the bike the Corbin was still there and the bike had over 400k on it. That was four years ago.

My current thought is to go with the Corbin, but buffer it with my Air Hawk. The Air Hawk wont work on the stock seat - the seat is too narrow.

I have put in many 500m days on my Guzzi with the Hawk.

My question remains unanswered - is the seat design for the 2019 T120 the same as that for the 2020 T120's?

G

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
I wanted more height to ease my hip and knee angles. I put on an ATV pad from Walmart covered with a sheepskin from IKEA. My complete setup is half of premade sheepskins. This setup made the bike into a comfortable 500 mile day bike.

Corbin’s are hard but provide a really good foundation for a sheepskin. I had one on a KLR and it was a 650 mile day bike with it. Unfortunately the Corbin looks like it is lower then the stock seat and I don’t like the step either. My favorite saddle was a Russelll Day Long on a BMW I had. It too was firm but seriously good. Too bad they are really ugly for our T120s or I’d have one on it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thanx all for your comments.

I had a Corbin on my Moto Guzzi T-5 - I put over 250k miles on it. When I last saw the bike the Corbin was still there and the bike had over 400k on it. That was four years ago.

My current thought is to go with the Corbin, but buffer it with my Air Hawk. The Air Hawk wont work on the stock seat - the seat is too narrow.

I have put in many 500m days on my Guzzi with the Hawk.

My question remains unanswered - is the seat design for the 2019 T120 the same as that for the 2020 T120's?

G

The seat is the same for the T120 from 2016-Now I believe. OEM part numbers on Triumph website are all for T120 models, not year specific.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
59 Posts
I like my Triumph comfort seat.
I found that over time it developed a really nice comfortable pocket . It does take a bit of wiggling sometimes to really settle into it but its good once I'm in there.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have the Corbin Gunfighhter and Lady. It is hard. I am OK with it.

I have read lots of positive things about Spencer / greatdaytoride and do intend to send the stock seat his way at some point. Ideally, with a third party seat cover if that is an option.

·
Premium Member
1,359 Posts
Just ordered a Triumph K&Q. I put the JBQ 7/8” risers back on so hopefully the riding angle will be the same. Those buttons are hideous.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have had both comfort & standard seats on my Tiger 1050 sport, either one was crap...........
I had to fit a gel pad to the comfort seat in the end to gain more comfort. I have 3 classic Honda's, every seat is perfect on them & the oldest one is 46 yrs young.
How a company like Triumph can't get this right, beggars belief in my opinion...............

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I have had both comfort & standard seats on my Tiger 1050 sport, either one was crap...........
I had to fit a gel pad to the comfort seat in the end to gain more comfort. I have 3 classic Honda's, every seat is perfect on them & the oldest one is 46 yrs young.
How a company like Triumph can't get this right, beggars belief in my opinion...............
Look no further than the new Speedmaster seat as proof that Triumph has lost its mind!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts