Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Hey Pappy, in addition to being a Triumph lover and Triumph owner, I am also a Triumph dealer in Central FL. Perhaps you have bought some of your bikes from us. I agree with the answers you have already received, but on top of that I have a solution for your surprise. It is possible and would not be much trouble for me to arrange to allow you a “demo ride” that gets delivered to your house, with a nice bow on it or however you like, with the understanding that if the bike does not please that it comes back to my store. We have often made special arrangements to meet the custom needs of our customers and potential customers so this would not be something far from our norm of what we call our “Tampa Triumph Concierge Service”.
Well thanks for the reply, Elliott.
We may be talking then. I will price you against other dealers as well though on that particular model and have already started my research. Not afraid of spending a bit of time on the road for a worthy deal or even a fly and ride if the numbers work. I see you have two of these in stock last time I checked your inventory.....that's a good place to start.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Hey Pappy, in addition to being a Triumph lover and Triumph owner, I am also a Triumph dealer in Central FL. Perhaps you have bought some of your bikes from us. I agree with the answers you have already received, but on top of that I have a solution for your surprise. It is possible and would not be much trouble for me to arrange to allow you a “demo ride” that gets delivered to your house, with a nice bow on it or however you like, with the understanding that if the bike does not please that it comes back to my store. We have often made special arrangements to meet the custom needs of our customers and potential customers so this would not be something far from our norm of what we call our “Tampa Triumph Concierge Service”.
I wish my wife would buy me a surprise anniversary present; how about a Bud Ekins T120 as we celebrate our 35th wedding anniversary next year!

Pappy anyway good luck in your quest. I am sure you'll resolve it. A demo ride delivered to your door................now that is an offer you can't refuse.

Safe riding sir.

Dave ;)

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I wish my wife would buy me a surprise anniversary present; how about a Bud Ekins T120 as we celebrate our 35th wedding anniversary next year!

Pappy anyway good luck in your quest. I am sure you'll resolve it. A demo ride delivered to your door................now that is an offer you can't refuse.

Safe riding sir.

Dave ;)
Tell me about it, Casper! And that was his very first post! That is the kind of service a dealer becomes known for.
We shall see if he follows up.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well thanks for the reply, Elliott.
We may be talking then. I will price you against other dealers as well though on that particular model and have already started my research. Not afraid of spending a bit of time on the road for a worthy deal or even a fly and ride if the numbers work. I see you have two of these in stock last time I checked your inventory.....that's a good place to start.
Pappy, we’ll absolutely love the opportunity to show you why we are dealer of the year 3 years in a row for Triumph. Let me know when and what you need and we’ll make arrangements . If you’d like to email me your contact info we can contact you tomorrow. [email protected] Otherwise you can reach out to us at your convenience if you prefer.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Pappy, we’ll absolutely love the opportunity to show you why we are dealer of the year 3 years in a row for Triumph. Let me know when and what you need and we’ll make arrangements . If you’d like to email me your contact info we can contact you tomorrow. [email protected] Otherwise you can reach out to us at your convenience if you prefer.
You guys at Tampa Triumph deserve to get on! I like good service, mind you I am a few thousand miles away from Florida here in the UK. Great to see the legendary Triumph marque doing so well in the great USA.

Dave

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Well.....have initialized contact with Elliott. His turn to follow up on my questions on bike/accessories availability. We shall see where all this leads.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Am thinking of purchasing a 2019 T120 Diamond Edition for my wife as an anniversary present.
She has been riding for decades.
Can the ride height be lowered a bit on them? Possibly down in the 29-30" range?
We do tour on our bikes so the seat would have to remain or be comfortable so a thinner seat would not be a good answer!
A Corbin G&L saddle will lower the riding position by 1.0-1.5 inches. Plus it is way more comfy than the stock brick. If she has been riding for a while she will appreciate the Corbin for what it is - a firm but comfortable seat.

G

·
Registered
85 Posts
T120 is a great choice. Power is good and the bike is a doddle to ride. Easiest bike to ride that I have ever owned. I’m 5’8” and about 160 lb, so I’m not a big guy.

I’d add the factory cruise control, tho. So handy on a trip.

Also strongly recommend Meerkat’s crossover pipe to replace the catalytic converter. He’s in Australia, but it’s as convenient as ordering from a US company. NBD.

I also added Canyon’s Brembo brake kit and Ohlins rear shocks, but frankly the OEM stuff is fine.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Well, I thought I would update on the progress of this venture.
The Tampa Triumph dealer and I have gone back and forth a few times. They are not good at getting back to me and will not quote a price. They want me to come over, they have offered a weekend get away on the St. Pete beach if I buy from them (hello, I would be paying for that one way or another....I just want the bike, dudes!), and promised me that they are over and above other dealers, but no price.
On the other hand I have been quoted a pretty good price by a dealer in Georgia who has followed up and made sure I am still in the market.....which I am!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Well, I thought I would update on the progress of this venture.
The Tampa Triumph dealer and I have gone back and forth a few times. They are not good at getting back to me and will not quote a price. They want me to come over, they have offered a weekend get away on the St. Pete beach if I buy from them (hello, I would be paying for that one way or another....I just want the bike, dudes!), and promised me that they are over and above other dealers, but no price.
On the other hand I have been quoted a pretty good price by a dealer in Georgia who has followed up and made sure I am still in the market.....which I am!

Sounds like you are going to Georgia then! Let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Roadworthy - She may not be as tall as you. That was the reason for the thread. Thanks though.
Jet City - Thanks! I emailed the fellow over in Tampa and asked, in the email, to work with a different person than him. He is the GM so I bet that went over like a lead balloon!

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Roadworthy - She may not be as tall as you. That was the reason for the thread. Thanks though.
Jet City - Thanks! I emailed the fellow over in Tampa and asked, in the email, to work with a different person than him. He is the GM so I bet that went over like a lead balloon!
Oh yeah... I had read the entire thread before but coming back to it later... I lost track.

Good luck with all of it!

·
Premium Member
815 Posts
I emailed the fellow over in Tampa and asked, in the email, to work with a different person than him. He is the GM so I bet that went over like a lead balloon!
You gave him a chance to play ball with his best price. You’ve been more than fair.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Roadworthy - Not a problem. BTW, I have one of the covers that I used to use on my Valkyrie before purchasing an Ultimate Seat for it. It worked well on the brick of a seat that came with it.
Pudge - Thanks!
With some of the statements the GM was making I could almost swear the smell of roses were in the air as I was reading. Statements that seemed to have come straight out of the "Salesman Training Bible" on how to play on emotions.
Hell....I am a guy! I hunt, I fish, I shoot thousands of rounds through pistols every year, I used to run drag boats, I fly, ......I am a guy! Am very direct but respectful and I don't think he picked up on that and he has not answered me yet. May very well be his loss.
The guy in Georgia on the other hand got back to me again today on prices of some of the accessories minus labor as asked for. He has done his job. With this guy I smell LAVA soap, not roses! lol If you are a young guy then look up LAVA soap! No disrespect meant!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Getting very close to a deal now! Looking at accessories for it.
Thinking about a luggage rack for the rear, highway or crash bars, and a windshield....not sure how tall she will need.
This bike comes with a lot as it is but if you have any suggestions let 'em rip!

21 - 38 of 38 Posts