Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a manual in the mail but i am bored and want to get this thing apart

i have a 72 t120 i belive and i need to put a new conecting rod in on the left side i have the top end off and left cover off i have the clutch plates out and the outer piece of the flywheel and the flywheel nut is off

how do i get the flywheel off asweel as the clutch basket then once i get those off can i take the left side of the case apart to put the new rod in or do i need to pull anything apart on the right side

·
Registered
53 Posts
It would be false economy not to pull it all the way down. The sludge sits between the right and left con rods just to begin with. Have fun!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok sounds good but i still need to get the clutch basket and flywheel off is there something holding them on or do i just nrrd to put a puller on there?

·
Super Moderator
13,386 Posts
As soon as you start pulling on that splined clutch hub with a typical jaw type puller, it's going to shatter into amazingly shapr hardened steel bits. Don't ask how I know this.

Someone on here can probably loan you a Triumph clutch hub puller.

You NEED to split the cases, clean the sludge trap, and you DON'T have to remove the flywheel from the crank to swap a rod.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts