Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to decat my 2018 T120 this winter and was wondering which decat I should go with. I see a lot of folks saying Meerkat, but the lack of any sort of mounting is non-existant whereas other x-pipes have a means of mounting them on the bike. I don't want to use something that could potentially cause problems down the road.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Might I suggest using the search function on the site? There are endless discussions on this topic. Meerkat appears to be the crowd favorite (and the one I chose) due to it being of the utmost quality and the fact that mounting brackets seem to be superfluous. There are differing opinions on this, however.

·
Registered
119 Posts
People are so friendly around here... :laugh2:
I'm currently getting the British Customs one installed at the dealer on my Street Cup.
https://britishcustoms.com/collections/street-cup/products/x-pipe-competition-header

I'm looking to decat my 2018 T120 this winter and was wondering which decat I should go with. I see a lot of folks saying Meerkat, but the lack of any sort of mounting is non-existant whereas other x-pipes have a means of mounting them on the bike. I don't want to use something that could potentially cause problems down the road.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
109 Posts
I went with the “lite” version of the motone x-pipe. Which, like the meerkat, has no
Mounting hardware.

I have it installed without the heat shield and haven’t had any problems.

I think due to it being significantly lighter than the cat, and due to it not restricting air and thus generating less heat, the mounting hardware and heat shield are unnecessary. The mounting hardware of the headers, slip ons, intermediate pipes are enough to hold it in place.

·
Registered
905 Posts
RIP no worries on the Meerkat, I've had mine on for over a year and a half and under some severe riding conditions.

Once you see it and mount it you'll have no worries. I'm all over my bike at least weekly checking everything and have not seen it budge.

·
Registered
137 Posts

Thoughts?
I've got a brand new TEC x-pipe (and a booster plug too) sitting at home if you're interested. Plans changed.

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
I put a Meerkat on my 2018 T120 about a month ago.
I removed the heat shield.
The set up is solid as is, with no extra brackets or clamps.
It ain't goin' nowhere.

Did not require any electronic tuning.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts