Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have only seen the two tone Black/White in person but really want opinions on the Matte Grey on the T120 Black. Has anyone seen or have? How is it with all the black? Not really a chrome guy but that is a lot of black. Thought the Matte Grey may break it up a bit.
Thanks!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Saw one at my dealers in Richmond, VA when I went to pick up my Cinder Red T120. The matte finish is really impressive; combine it with the brown seat, the black pipes and handlebars, it transforms the look of the bike.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I saw one the other day while getting a first service on my Street twin, It is a very nice looking bike!
My ST is matte black and and I did many things to reduce the blackness... brushed stainless badges and sprocket cover... The good thing about the sprocket cover, The T120 has the one with the screen and the screen was left silver... That would be easy to sell to a ST guy.

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
Yeah, I wasn't so sure about the jet black/pure white scheme, but in person, it's stunning. So I bought one. When sitting on the saddle you'd think the tank is black with white trim, rather than vice versa. Here's mine:

Attachments

·
Registered
108 Posts
Have only seen the two tone Black/White in person but really want opinions on the Matte Grey on the T120 Black. Has anyone seen or have? How is it with all the black? Not really a chrome guy but that is a lot of black. Thought the Matte Grey may break it up a bit.

Thanks!

I like that color scheme a lot. Originally that is the one I was going to get. My dealership had both the black on black and the grey on black. The only thing that swayed me to the gloss black tank is that I worried a bit about scratches on the matte finish being harder to buff out than on a gloss finish. Now that I have mine, I love it of course. With the Dart Marlin screen I think it looks like Alien from the movies - totally bad ass and I'm getting a ton of compliments.

If you think 100% black is going too far, then definitely the matte grey is a great look. I don't think the blacked out pipes are too much black, they really look sharp. Although if I did get the matte grey tank, my plan was to swap out the brown seat for black anyway. What can I say, I like black. ;-)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Here are some pics I took of the one I was originally going to buy, in case this helps (natural light, non-professional photography).

·
Registered
672 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Carl,
Thanks for the pics of the matte grey (graphite). Have same concerns about light scratches in the matte finish. Really like the grey though. In fact you will see post from me on Street Twins also because I also love the grey on the ST. Am really bouncing back and forth between the two trying to decide on the ST or T120.
Thanks again...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Mine's the Matt Graphite and I love it. Completely understand about going back and forth on models/colours. Initially I was certain I wanted the Cranberry Red/Silver by the time I was ready to buy it was a two horse race between the Red/Silver and the Matt Graphite.

In the end my local dealer had a Matt Graphite in store and a wait till September for the Red/Silver so that pretty much decided it for me. Was maybe a touch worried signing the papers that I'd end up second guessing it but a few months later and I couldn't imagine owning anything else.

I'm not too worried about scratches on the lighter tank although I'll be doing everything I can to keep it like new in the end its a bike and made to be ridden and so if it happens it happens.

Not the best light

·
Registered
50 Posts
When I was looking for the Matte graphite, there was one in the whole new england area. Had to pull the trigger quick. Glad I made that decision even though I'm usually slow on this. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
259 Posts
Dam...I see everybody else has a matt graphite...I won't feel so lonely now...lol...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Another matte graphite owner here.... If you like how the grey looks in the pictures, you'll love it in person. Everyone that sees my bike comments on how much they like the color.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
Carl,
. . . . Am really bouncing back and forth between the two trying to decide on the ST or T120 . . .
I think your decision will make itself the first time you really twist the throttle open on the T120.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I think your decision will make itself the first time you really twist the throttle open on the T120.

100% agree with this. I test rode the ST and thought the suspension was too soft and it was a bit underpowered for me. I waited 2 more months to be able to test ride the T120 and it was exactly what I wanted the ST to feel like.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts