Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
I just bought the exact same bike! Walked in looking for a Scorpion leather jacket, which they didnt have. Initially had tunnel vision for the clothing racks and walked right by her the first time, but once I realized they didnt have the jacket, I turned around and began to head out. I was stopped in my tracks by this bike and couldnt believe how that matte graphite and brown seat just popped out at you in person. The pics of these never do them justice. Its just a color combo that you have to check out in person.

Strange thing is I wasnt even interested in the new T120. Saw them on the rollout and just had zero interest in the new engine and higher power. Now, I did had vague thoughts about trading my 2012 T100 for a Street Twin, but looked at the numbers and backed off. Two months later I was in looking for that damn jacket and was blown away by this matte graphite beauty. I came back two days later and bought it.

But that wasnt the end. I decided to go ahead and get the Street Twin also. No kids, no wife, why not. Now Ive got four triumphs in the garage and loving every minute of it. No regrets and love the T120.

The finance guy was joking this was probably the most expensive leather jacket Ive ever bought....

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Just beautiful!

It's true, you have to see these in person to fully appreciate them since photos just don't do them justice. This is hard to do since a dealer is unlikely to have all six paint schemes in stock at the same time. The one that would really speak to you might be the one they don't currently have in stock!

·
Registered
91 Posts
I think this is the best color combo for the T120. Looks great

·
Registered
38 Posts
Agree with the last poster,having recently been in the Uk and seeing the whole range at Bulldog Triumph think this is a great colour.
Enjoy your new ride.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I just bought the exact same bike! Walked in looking for a Scorpion leather jacket, which they didnt have. Initially had tunnel vision for the clothing racks and walked right by her the first time, but once I realized they didnt have the jacket, I turned around and began to head out. I was stopped in my tracks by this bike and couldnt believe how that matte graphite and brown seat just popped out at you in person. The pics of these never do them justice. Its just a color combo that you have to check out in person.

Strange thing is I wasnt even interested in the new T120. Saw them on the rollout and just had zero interest in the new engine and higher power. Now, I did had vague thoughts about trading my 2012 T100 for a Street Twin, but looked at the numbers and backed off. Two months later I was in looking for that damn jacket and was blown away by this matte graphite beauty. I came back two days later and bought it.

But that wasnt the end. I decided to go ahead and get the Street Twin also. No kids, no wife, why not. Now Ive got four triumphs in the garage and loving every minute of it. No regrets and love the T120.

The finance guy was joking this was probably the most expensive leather jacket Ive ever bought....
Still cheaper than kids and a leg iron.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I think I'll upgrade the tires to a pair of knobby K60's when its time, and perhaps mess around with the exhaust once options become available....I like the deep unobtrusive rumble in the stock pipes, but know its just a matter of time before I desire a new sound....

·
Registered
98 Posts
Anyone with this brown seat know how to care for it? Id assume some sort of leather conditioner, or is it not actual leather? Any ideas?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Anyone with this brown seat know how to care for it? Id assume some sort of leather conditioner, or is it not actual leather? Any ideas?
Hmmm.... I was just assuming the seat was actually leather until I read your post. I looked at Triumph's site and the only description I saw said "dark brown seat". I would think if it were leather they would mention that. However, if it is actually leather I would just wipe it clean with a wet cloth every so often and condition it once a year. I've found that Griots or Adam's Polishes products work pretty well.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts