Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Exactly like what it says. I changed my tires and balanced the wheels. After, I change the headlight bulb because it was burnt out. After that, I rode around and the Speedo didn’t work. Any similar situations? Not a fuse issue. The instrument panel works just fine.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
ABS sensors would be favorite if you're had the wheels out, is the ABS light flashing?
Did you refit the front wheel with the ABS ring on the correct side?

·
Registered
2018 Triumph T120 2020 BMW R1250R
952 Posts
Maybe ensure the wheel speed sensors are mounted with the washer "behind" the sensor, not behind the mounting screw?

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Seems like there'd be more and bigger problems with traction control and ABS if one or both ABS sensors were not getting a usable signal.

The ECU provides a value which is displayed as speed. That signal may not be arriving at the speedo, for whatever reason.

If the speedo needle is sweeping when the key is first turned on, that rules out the speedo needle drive. The ECU commands the sweep, so that would also rule out a bad ECU connection with the instrument cluster.

Any codes?

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Any OBD codes?

Hold the i button and turn on the key. While still holding the button, watch the left hand instrument window. When you see dtc, release the button. What code do you see? It'll be a P and four digits. P0000 is no codes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts