Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
In the past years of the air cooled fins what did lads do or modify or exchange out their front suspension. I don't even know the size of my T120 2016 forks, if I can change them or just mod them.
I have some TFX shocks being built for the rear. Should be here in a couple of weeks. Do the new 2016 forks differ then early forks?

Need to get the suspension information highway a jump start.
Do you all like your front forks...my rear not to bad but they are on the replacement block

·
Registered
613 Posts
If you watch the original Triumph introduction videos on youtube, they state that the 43mm forks on the T120 and Standard Thrux are cartridge damper forks, as opposed to the earlier damper rod forks on the 790/865 models. They are not adjustable though.
Not sure about the Street Twin's forks.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
bitubo makes great fair priced suspension upgrades for earlier bonnies + would expect in time they will do the new models. only the T-120's use cartridges i believe + the ST gets typical cheaper damper rods as most non sport bikes do. the bitubo cartridge kit for my cast wheel cost $500, unadjustable but you pick for your weight, works great + easily installed at home by most!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts