Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

I have just completed a rebuild of a 69 T100R. I am running one amal 26mm concentric carb and was wondering what the performance difference be between the cam angle of of a 100C and a 100R. I am just curious what I might gain (or lose) if I set it up as a 100C.

Thanks for all replies, if I receivce any.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I've been waiting to see an answer to this question myself. When I did the top end, I did not pull the cam gears and only recently realized that there are different cam timing settings for 'single carb' and 'dual carb' setups. I'm considering going in later this year and re-timing the cams for the 'R' setup to see if I gain anything.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I am pretty sure the c and the r have different cam numbers and different cam followers so not sure what you would get if you set up a r cam system to a c.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not sure if there are different cam shafts or the cams are just postioned to a different keyway on the cam pinions. I'd like to know what the performance difference would be.

Surely someone on this forum has expiremented with this in the past.

·
Registered
625 Posts
There were different exhaust cams for a while, can't remember if they eventually became the same ... My bike (technically a 'C') runs Daytona cams and R radius followers. It's single carb, but it's a 928, not a 626. I'm tempted to re-time the cams and see.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I going to take a shot in the dark here. My experience with cam timing(engines in general) leads me to believe the single carb/100C models have the cams slighlty advanced compared to the dual carb /100R models. The reason why. Advancing the cams will move the power and torque curve to the low and middle rpm range. This would be better for the C (off road) model.
As for the "R" model ,according to the factory specs, makes its peak horsepower at a higher RPM.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts