Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to thank everyone for their response and input. One problem I have with the Sportster is I want an 07 for the fuel injection but the R model only comes with the black engine which I do not like. The 06 I test rode took forever to be rideable on a 60 degree day.

I'm going to test ride a new 06 T100 as soon as weather permits. It is white with orange accents. Has this color combo been popular?

The debate in my mind is really over. Never cared for the H-D scene. I rode a evo Dyna at Americade and the wife made me bring it back early because of dicomfort. But she's used to the Wing... I didn't like feet foward and the power seemed to end at 3500 rpm. Don't understand the rationality
of this low seat business either. Damm uncomfortable after 15 minutes.

On another note check out You Tube, search Bonneville for some great Triumph sound.

Thanks again to all, JR

·
Registered
51 Posts
jimr,
I have riden Harleys for many years. I rebuilt them, I built a custom stroker chop, I painted them, I basically lived and breathed them to some degree or another and do you know that through all those years I really never felt as though I belonged with that group. I never wore the Head-to-toe garb, I never killed myself to get home from work early to race up to bike night at the local bar to stand around with a bunch of yahoos and ja-- off over everyone else's 40K piece of *****. I even thought it was absolutely reduculous how that crowd wears head-to-toe Harley everything....hats, shirts, pants, boots, jewelry,glasses. For crying out loud, man....do you ever see a Corvette driver wearing a Corvette "outfit" from head to toe?....a Peterbilt trucker wearing complete garb head to toe?....I mean, what's with the "uniform"? I love my Harleys, but there is so much more out there. So many more groups whose members are a little more down to earth rather than that attitude that says "I own a Harley, so look out 'cause that also immediately makes me a bad ass - ooh, nice chrome accessory, how much was that?"
Take it from a long-time Harley enthusiast, Triumph is such a great vintage-looking, down to earth group of bikes and people, I myself can't wait to get the money from my recently-sold Harley so I can choose my new Bonnie or Thruxton.
Good luck, and no offense to any Harley folks, I just need a change I guess.

·
Registered
2019 Triumph Street Twin
2,422 Posts
Butcher said all that needs to be said about the Harley mystique. Fun and great bikes, but which are owned by a lot of people who think too much of themselves because they buy in too seriously to the red, white and blue patriotism and bad ass attitude.

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
While there is something positive to be said about American Made, it takes increasing levels of denial to claim HD's are made in the USA. Like every other manufacturer, parts are jobbed out all over the world to try and keep cost down. It is a matter of value and what you are willing to spend. While performance and comfort values of HD may be alien to some of us, you must admit the heritage is luring. I do not consider the current trendy status seeking posers as a part of that heritage, with HD OR Triumph. In all my travels around the midwest, I have never been taken to task by an HD rider for what I ride. In fact, when on the road I have had help several times from HD riders when my bike broke down. Again, there will be the element within any group that fits the bill of silly posers, same as some of the road rocket posers that chop through traffic to get to the tavern next door to the one the HD guys go to. It's all a matter of preference, affordability and enjoyment.

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
If you get a shot at a Tang and white T100, BUY IT-there are no more if I read the current specs correctly. I love mine and it really is a great all around motorcycle. I owned two H-D Sportsters and just do not think they are a performance oriented bike. More like parade machines, even though they are supposed to be better than the AMF junker and the newer one I owned. Too much tribal acceptance required for me.

The T100 does not bite and it is easily modified to what ever you want it to do.
They are not the fastest or the best handling , but they are really great all-around fun bikes that are easy to ride and service. Also they are IMHO the best looking motorcycle ever made. Especially the Creamsicle!!

·
Registered
300 Posts
I likes bikes.

To be brand loyal is to deny oneself the joy of the bigger picture. I've had a variety of Pacific Rim bikes, a couple different Italian bikes, did the Teutonic thing, the American thing, and three different Blighty beasts. I can not (and will not) insist that one is any better than another. They may each in their own way do something better, but that doesn't make it better.......

Have I said yet that 'I likes bikes'?
I do.....!
:cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts