Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back from riding my 09 T100 from Florida to Colorado. I took all secondary roads avoiding the interstate. The weather was great, except for some rain starting in Dalhart Texas and ending somewhere around Clayton New Mexico. The bike did great with no flaws at all. The gas mileage was awesome. My best was putting in 2.8 gallon at 171 miles. I was averaging around 2.9 gallons at 160 miles.

I tried to ride Pikes Peak, but it was only open to about the 13 to 15 mile mark. There was snowing going on up there still. I did ride the Kit Carson trail (twice). The first time I started it was getting late in the afternoon and figured I would just find a place to stay along the way. Well after it got dark and all I saw were Deer and Coyotes/fox I think?? I hit the GPS and looked up lodging and everything was 50+ miles behind me. Oops!! I turned arround and headed back to Trinidad CO. to get a room. That road (highway 160) is one long and lonely road with nothing out there. Kinda like highway 50 running through Nevada, which there is a T shirt you can buy that says so. The next day I rode the trail again in the daylight. This is a road that you would not want to break down on alone. The weather up there is really nice, no humidity like the south. The ride would have been more fun to do with another bike and rider. I did get some pictures, but will have to get someone to show me how t get them from the camera to the computer.
The bike is now 2 months old and has 7439 miles on it. It makes for a great bike to go anywhere and be trouble free...
The only mod I have done was put the bigger front sprocket and I really like it.

Allen..... Rides without adult supervision !!

·
Premium Member
2004 Daytona 955i, 2018 Indian Roadmaster, 2014 Triumph Scrambler, 1980 CB650C in resto
17,926 Posts
Coyote are more common than foxes out here, so I'd guess coyote. Did he have any Acme products with him? :p

Pictures? Try this thread, by clicking on the word 'this.' No, not this one, that one. The first this. The third word after "Pictures."

·
Registered
90 Posts
Wish I got your mileage! Colorado is my favorite ride and I'm going back in August. Can't believe you did it on a stock seat and shocks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts