Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need advice..new 09' Thruxton is HOT, seriously HOT - and the new bars make it very tempting...rode it yesterday (rather chilly out so I was stiff...) - my take: rode hard, hard seat, poor brakes....seating position wasn't too bad though considering (love the new 09' set up better than the past clamp ons)....so, I know I can modify all of these pitfalls easily...

Now...the T100 is the perfect package from the get go, and I already have a modified seat for it (Spencersmotocare in Florida did it up for me super comfy)....I had one for 2k miles and loved every minute, black with ivory stripes, 2008 model...got a lot of attention...but I imagine the Thruxton will too....

CRAP! I hate decisions like this....

·
30,603 Posts
Well, hello and welcome.

What are you after? Some opinions between Bonnie and Thrux?

They are both great! :D How's that?

So..........you HAD a T100, or do you still have the T100? What's the story there - why are you considering another bike - what does the T100 lack for you? If it's the sporty feel of ride, maybe the thruz would be better - turns in a bit quicker I understand.

·
Registered
19 Posts
OK, so I just found someone elses post....same question, I'm going to read through that one and see what happens...LOL

What I like about each:

T100, color,sitting position, tradition...comfort and I already have a custom seat for it...

Thruxton, color, FRIGGIN beautiful...would have a lot to chat about...and it fits with the fun in the mountains I like to have a lot of..I've owned a DRZ400SM (supermoto), CBR600RR enjoyed both those, and of course the handful of Harleys...

And the why...the T100 was bundled up into a tree last month...sucked. But good news is my friend is ok (who was riding it), and THAT I am VERY happy about. The bike is just 'on the list' to consider what to do next....

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Depends if you like the 'boy racer' position or the upright (more comfy for long distances) position. If you are a 'scratcher' then the Thruxton is an obvious choice for the curves whereas the T100 is for more relaxed riding. For me the new Thruxtons have lost a little of the cafe racer look now that they have gone away from the clip-ons although no doubt they are more comfrtable. Without a doubt I like the Thruxton look and love the riding position. For me there is no choice - Thruxtons have the 'it' factor.

PS. You could always buy the T100 and then mod it to a Thruxton (expensive...) like so many have done and essentially have both bikes which you can swap between as your mood dictates

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Choice??

++ on Aussie!! I had the same dilema. Its easier to make a thrux from a Bonne than a Bonne from a thrux!! I was offered a Thrux OTD for $7100! Couldnt handle the seating/ ride position! Got the Bonne & did it the way I WANTED!! Its EXACTLY the way I wanted it now, not the way Triumph did! JMHO- Just got back from an awesome ride. The 1 thing you might want is the Thrux seat tho- much better than the "ironing board"!!

·
Registered
524 Posts
I have a 2007 Thrux and had the dealer put heli bars on it and that eases the wrist pain, etc and add about 4-5'' in height.

Both are good bikes but the Thrux is a bit more sportier.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you!!

Thanks for replying, really appreciated.

I think after reading a bit, and REALLY evaluating what I'll use it for, the Bonnie is still the answer for my needs.

I'll await the budget break through that allows a few more bikes in the stable, and add a Thrux at a later date. For now, the Bonnie is it

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
And the why...the T100 was bundled up into a tree last month...sucked. But good news is my friend is ok (who was riding it), and THAT I am VERY happy about. The bike is just 'on the list' to consider what to do next....
As of 2009, it seems to me the choice between the bonny and the thruxton boils down to whether you want rear sets or traditional (mid-mount) controls...the rest is easily changeable. Sounds like the T100 is better suited to your use & the the thruxton can serve as a lust object for a while longer!

While I own a thruxton, I've got a thing for the new bonny black w/ the cast wheels...so that's what I'm after should I seriously consider a second machine.

Cheers,

--Rich

·
Registered
866 Posts
Are you:
Young and flexible- Thruxton
Old & creaky (like me)- T-100
Beyond those factors, it's about taste.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Regarding the Motor...and the entire bike really...

Well, the insurance company now owns 'Willow', my old black/ivory T100 now...here is a shot of the little lady, this is actually her good side ;)

As of 2009, it seems to me the choice between the bonny and the thruxton boils down to whether you want rear sets or traditional (mid-mount) controls...the rest is easily changeable. Sounds like the T100 is better suited to your use & the the thruxton can serve as a lust object for a while longer!

While I own a thruxton, I've got a thing for the new bonny black w/ the cast wheels...so that's what I'm after should I seriously consider a second machine.
Cheers,

--Rich

·
30,603 Posts
OUCH!

And everyone - stop preying on Triumph_Chick for parts. If you want parts, post in the classifieds, it's what they're for!

EDIT: Thread closed at the request of the OP - thanks everyone for your answers!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.