Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All, while pushing my bike (2013) out of the backyard last night, I heard the front disc brush the caliper each wheel rotation.

Should I be concerned about it? Is this a known behavior with front discs? The T100 has ~ 7000 miles on it, Front brake appears to work fine when riding.

New to the Bonnie so any advice welcome.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,116 Posts
Warp or not?

Hi All, while pushing my bike out of the backyard last night, I heard the front disc brush the caliper each wheel rotation.

Should I be concerned about it? Is this a known behavior with front discs? The T100 has ~ 7000 miles on it, Front brake appears to work fine when riding.

New to the Bonnie so any advice welcome.

Thanks!
Mr. CapitalSon,

No, you should not be concerned, unless it doesn't go away after a short period of on the road use. It is probably just a little corrosion that needs to be scrubbed off. If, you mean that the bike has been inactive for a while. If not it's probably still not a big deal.

If you feel nothing but smooth action on the road when using the front brake you are fine. If the lever seems to pulsate or the braking seems off and on, then you should check for rotor war-page.
Elevate the front wheel, and while spinning it by hand, support a pointer of some sort against the fork leg, (long screwdriver) with the end close to the edge of the rotor. That will indicate any deflection from trueness.

It would be useful to put the year of your bike in your statistics. It might be time for a brake fluid change also.

Namaste,
Charles

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Charles. Great helpful advice.

Happy trails.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts