Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The factory seems to have fiited an anti-stop front disc brake unit to my 2003 Bonneville T100. Does anyone know of a kit that will improve stopping performance and eliminate the squeaking without completely replacing the stock assembly? Say, pads only, easily owner installed? Thanks much!

·
Premium Member
11,832 Posts
get some of the sintered metal EBC-HH pads from newbonneville.com, some of the other vendors may carry them as well. Much better stopping than stock and reasonably cheap.

This is a must-do brake upgrade and is pretty easy to perform. Just unbolt the caliper from the fork leg, slide it off the rotor, unbolt a couple of bolts (or is it 1, I can't remember) that hold the pads in place and pop the new pads in. Then slip it all back over the rotor, sometimes a flathead screwdriver helps to seperate the pads, and bolt it all back up!

Instantly improved braking.

·
Registered
694 Posts
EBC/HH pads make a pronounced difference in stopping power. Also, replace the stock brake hose with a stainless steel braided hose, and do a good job of bleeding the brakes. The last thing to do is to push the brake pads all the way into the caliper to "burp" all the air out of the line, slowly pump the lever till the brake is firm, then top off your reservoir with good DOT 4 fluid. You'll be able to lock the front wheel with the brake, so be careful bedding in the new brake pads ( this means no heavy braking for the first 50 miles or so, excluding emergencies of course). Cheers, tommyturbo2

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
On 2006-11-27 14:26, sweatmachine wrote:
experience, I have the pads front and rear.
Thanks Much! I'll order up a set, front and rear.

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
On 2006-11-27 14:26, sweatmachine wrote:
experience, I have the pads front and rear.
Thanks Much! I'll order up a set, front and rear.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts