Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new 2012 Bonneville T100 that I'm very happy with. The one question I have is that the exhaust come out the back at different angles. The left is up close to the frame, while the right is angled out about 4 inches.

Does anyone know why ?

·
Registered
566 Posts
You'll find the two button head bolts fixing the hanger brackets onto the exhaust provide a large range of adjustment.

It's possible one bracket has been positioned against the inside edge of the bolts and the other against the outside edge to end up with that amount of difference between the two.

A bit of time invested with a 6mm Allen key and a 10mm spanner/socket for the main clamp should pay dividends :)

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
T100 Exhaust

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm thinking I need to go back to the dealer (50 miles away). The right bracket has bends in it where the left hand bracket is straight between the muffler and frame.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Went to the dealer today to look at another T100. Figured out the right bracket is bent. Starting to get disappointed in Triumph initial quality. Bike has 15 miles on it and oil leak (very small), this exhaust issue, and has a small flaw in the paint on top of the tank.

The dealer is a great guy and has obviously offered to make it right, it's just a pain taking it back to the shop 50 miles away.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I recently came across the Watsonian Squire Royal Enfield Fury (or the Royal Enfield slightly annoyed - as one reviewer put it) for the first time recently.
That comes with a pair of exhausts similar to your current look as standard, something a dealer would find very difficult to put right.

·
Registered
10,269 Posts
It doesn't say much for the dealer's pre-sale "inspection", does it? Makes me wonder if they looked at the bike at all before they sold it.

In any case, it should be easy to put right, and it's the dealer's issue to do so.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts