Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've got a 2014 T100 Black with no mods currently (same as this: 2014 Triumph Bonneville T100 Black @ Top Speed) and looking into going 'all black' (I like the look of the newer T100 Blacks from 2016-on) - this includes the current chrome exhaust headers and silencers, among other things.

I notice the newer 2016-on T100 Blacks have black ceramic coated headers and silencers (see: 2016 - 2020 Triumph Bonneville T120 / T120 Black @ Top Speed)

To this end, has anyone had experience in:
1. Using 2016-on T100 black headers and silencers on a 2014 T100?
2. Finding after-market black headers and silencers that fit a 2014 T100?
3. Having 2014 T100 chrome headers and silencers ceramic coated to be black?

Any other tips re: 'going black' welcome!

Can't find much out there on t'internet and have searched this forum without any success...

Thanks

·
Banned
1,025 Posts
Hi all,

I've got a 2014 T100 Black with no mods currently (same as this: 2014 Triumph Bonneville T100 Black @ Top Speed) and looking into going 'all black' (I like the look of the newer T100 Blacks from 2016-on) - this includes the current chrome exhaust headers and silencers, among other things.

I notice the newer 2016-on T100 Blacks have black ceramic coated headers and silencers (see: 2016 - 2020 Triumph Bonneville T120 / T120 Black @ Top Speed)

To this end, has anyone had experience in:
1. Using 2016-on T100 black headers and silencers on a 2014 T100?
2. Finding after-market black headers and silencers that fit a 2014 T100?
3. Having 2014 T100 chrome headers and silencers ceramic coated to be black?

Any other tips re: 'going black' welcome!

Can't find much out there on t'internet and have searched this forum without any success...

Thanks
The downside to what you want to do is that when the exhaust gets nicked or scratched there's no acceptable touch up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had the complete chrome exhaust of a thunderbird sport ceramicoated black by a local and I have been pretty happy with it.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That looks great, thanks for sending the pic through. I've found a ceramic coating place near me, so might get in touch to see if they can do it. Loving the all black look you've got!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The downside to what you want to do is that when the exhaust gets nicked or scratched there's no acceptable touch up.
Very true justalurker, I've read a fair bit about the headers getting nicked by every little bit of grit on the road! The price you have to pay to get the look I guess!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts