1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,771 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes i agree he was thrashing it a bit, still cool though. Faster than i would want to go.

·
Banned
2,757 Posts
Interesting he was passed by a couple of faster bikes.
Must not be many police on patrol there.
Actually it's starting to become a problem with the towns folks beyond TT week. There have been several deaths attributed to mainlanders coming just to race around the Isle in normal traffic. The police generally stay close to the towns to keep them from causing to much problem. You'll see them on the mountain when there has been an accident. Mad Sunday, it's all one way traffic and you can get out and mainly ride at your own speed with virtually no intervention. Remember though, there are alot of riders that race as well, that ride extremely quick around on stock bikes. So don't be supprised if someone comes around you at 160 or better.:D It's fun but it's best to stay to the far left out of the way if your not going to move it.;)

Cheers

Jeff:motorbike2:

·
Registered
648 Posts
Interesting thread ;)
I've been fascinated by the Isle of Mann race and history since I was a young rider in the 60's.
Ity really hasn't changed much with the exception of a few more hay bales than they started out with...

·
Registered
901 Posts
Interesting thread ;)
I've been fascinated by the Isle of Mann race and history since I was a young rider in the 60's.
Ity really hasn't changed much with the exception of a few more hay bales than they started out with...
If your into the TT, you need to check out Duke Video and Duke Video USA for TT videos... The "TT a film documentary" is GREAT... So is "History of the TT"... Also, the annual reviews are excellent. They really convey the feel of the event... and it IS an EVENT!!!

I recommend the '03 and '07 "annual reviews" highly.... the '03 version features Bruce Anstey winning the Junior on a Triumph 600 Daytona and the '07 version features the Centenary (1907 to 2007) festivities....

Duke video has the "full library" of titles but most are in the EURO PAL format... Duke video USA (their US marketing arm) carries a good portion, but not all of the titles in our NTSC format...

I bought a dual format DVD player so that I can "go both ways"....

Also, Motorsports Publications carries the excellent "Island Racer" annual program/magazine.... I've been buying it yearly for a number of years...

·
Registered
648 Posts
If your into the TT, you need to check out Duke Video and Duke Video USA for TT videos... The "TT a film documentary" is GREAT... So is "History of the TT"... Also, the annual reviews are excellent. They really convey the feel of the event... and it IS an EVENT!!!

I recommend the '03 and '07 "annual reviews" highly.... the '03 version features Bruce Anstey winning the Junior on a Triumph 600 Daytona and the '07 version features the Centenary (1907 to 2007) festivities....

Duke video has the "full library" of titles but most are in the EURO PAL format... Duke video USA (their US marketing arm) carries a good portion, but not all of the titles in our NTSC format...

Also, Motorsports Publications carries the excellent "Island Racer" annual program/magazine.... I've been buying it yearly for a number of years...
Good info!
Thanks ;)

·
Banned
2,757 Posts

Does your TV receive PAL/SECAM? Oops, I'm wrong you can view it on a DVD but only need a compatible TV format to watch broadcasts.. Duke Marketing is an excellent source for alot of different motorsports venues.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,394 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Does your TV receive PAL/SECAM? Oops, I'm wrong you can view it on a DVD but only need a compatible TV format to watch broadcasts.. Duke Marketing is an excellent source for alot of different motorsports venues.

Cheers

Jeff, I bought a JVC DVD player a few years back that has a PAL to NTSC converter in it.

So you can view DVD's in both formats on an NTSC TV...

Do a google search for current models that have that capability... The only downside to the one I bought, and I don't know what JVC was thinking when they designed it... They only programed it to take code 1 and code 0 dvd's.... The world is split into 6 or 7 "code areas" and the UK and western Europe are code 2 (I believe)... Luckily, Duke does most of their videos in code 0, or the "world wide" code. Some players have programmable code selection via a sequence of button pushes and holds either on the face panel or on the remote... My model doesn't have that feature...

There are companies that sell players set up as "world wide, code free" models. They will play any disc put in them...

Also, DVD players in computers will play either PAL or NTSC discs....

I might add... when looking to buy a certain Duke title, cross reference the UK and US websites to see if that particular title is available in the NTSC format... They will cost less to purchase and shipping will be quicker and less expensive... But some of the REALLY great titles and subject matters are just not available in NTSC... That's when I make my purchase through the UK site... And now, with the exchange rate much more favorable, they aren't a whole lot more expensive to buy....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts