Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed Raask 2"exhausts with "roadster" mufflers to my `05 T100 Bonnie, I collected them direct from Raask,s factory, in Nissafors Sweden, because I am living in north Finland , "only" 1700 km ( 1080 miles) from Raask in Nissafors.....( www.raask.se)

Pipes are surprisingly silent when idling, but twist of the gas grip gives quite a loud, deep low growl, it reminds old Norton Commando, already half-warm engine responses very well to twistgrip from idle, despite unchanged carburetor settings.

So I haven`t changed jets yet, but I took off AI - system anyway, "fortunately" we have winter in Finland , -20 degrees Celsius, lots of snow, plenty of time to experiments, no hurry for driving !

I think ask here, can anybody suggest any size of jets ? I have heard 125 mains should be ok, and 42-45 pilot jet ?
But how are setting of needles, how thick shims , pilot screws setting ? :-g

[ This message was edited by: Rexa on 2006-03-07 03:19 ]

·
Registered
45 Posts
Those pipes look good, is the finish also good ? They have a supplier in UK allthough the prices seem expensive. And the factory will not send them direct.. I expect you cannot wait for some sunshine and light to ride your bike.. On your empty roads.. Have Fun..RR :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
859 Posts
I love those 2" pipes, they really make the bike look tough. Are they really 2" or is there a shroud to make them look bigger?

Rexa, can you post some pictures of your bike with the new pipes? I'd love to see them.

[ This message was edited by: Copper on 2006-03-07 08:56 ]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts