Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well- I have my 07 T-100 and as I usually do with most things I get restless, I think about what else Id like to try, what else Id like to have- anyway went through many phases, Harley Xr1200 was nearly purchased, then I thought ok, I know I want the honda sportbike- a 600rr- tried both bought neither-but you know how it is you get into the mindset that something else will seal the deal and youll be perfect- anyway finally I decided what I was missing is the touring and some of the sport so a BMW should fit nicely- picked one up- kept the Triumph- today I rode them both and I hoot and hollar on the T-100- not so on the BMW- its nice- but still the T-100 is just simpler, better everything- even have tourist here in Stowe that stop and take photos of it haaa- I mean maybe they think its from 1960 but makes me happy :)

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
When I want to go far [tour] I fit a Renntec and gear bag. When I want sport, I go faster.:D

Stowe, Vermont? If so, it is nice to ride up there. Rt 100 is a fine road for a motorcycle.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ahhh david- where were you 2 weeks ago? haaa but yes you are correct- I am thinking to trade the BMW back in on perhaps a thunderbird keep it in the family so to speak- yes I live right on rt 100 in stowe village! stop by when you are up here-

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Last summer a friend and I cruised up through NY and into Canada. We came back to VT and about when we neared Stowe we camped for the night. It was a private campground on the southbound side. Man, the owner seemed pissed off that we were interruping his afternoon by asking for a site. What a grouchy guy! :D
But the next a.m. I tooled all the way south on 100 to 9 where I headed west to come back to NJ. 100 - what a fantastic road!

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Be coming back through through Stowe in June on my way to Lake Placid, the Green Mountains, the Catskills, New York, Boston, up through NH and Maine coast(eating 20 lobsters just for Lee :D) in the White Mountains picking up with some people finishing Laconia, thru Stowe, past Montreal then home.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The wife and I were up that way a couple of years ago in a Miata. Great area to visit, next time we will be on the Bonnie. I just picked up some bags and a rear rack for it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nice nice- well Im right before the stop sign in downtown so whoever comes through let me know! I ride my Triumph as much as I can- although Vt weather is not suited to it often- but when its good its great and the t-100 is perfect to enjoy it all

1 - 8 of 8 Posts