Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Got to the Sydney Motorcycle Show today. A little disappointed there wasn't as much new stuff as last year. Still had a good 5hr wander. The new Tiger was there in a lovely blue. Shame it's a single low beam H7 jobbie as I think that's the only thing against it. Also the green Speed Triple looked great. Think it would be a bit much as my only bike (the colour) but god it would look good in the stable :)

The Sprint looked like a Red 06 - since I had one of them I didn't bother with more pics.

My pics are here. Sorry about the last bunch, must have turned the flash off by mistake. Sydney Motorcycle Show pics

Also some lovely italian stuff - MotoGuzzi, Bennelli and the new Ducati 1098 were a pleasure to look at. The Guzzi though, being a smaller marque even than our Trumpies suffers from quality a little (fit, finish and early wear) so would be fine for a fortnightly day ride bike, but not a commuter, tourer - it would just wear out too quickly. A mate commented on one he saw at a dealers that had surface rust on the chrome when it was coming in for its 1000K first service!!!

Some pics of Buel's with oil and fuel in swing arm and frame and F800's with rear fuel tanks (and to let folk see what the recent discussion was about).

Also some pics of the new R1 throttle control system.

Enjoy
Russ :cool:

·
Registered
564 Posts
good stuff Russ,

do you recall a Ducati GT1000, a BMW R1200ST or Suzuki VZR1800 (M109R) on your travels around?

Steve

·
Premium Member
4,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On 2006-11-18 04:08, stevecro wrote:
good stuff Russ,

do you recall a Ducati GT1000, a BMW R1200ST or Suzuki VZR1800 (M109R) on your travels around?

Steve
Hi Steve,
GT1000 - can't remember.
R1200ST - pretty sure there was. Also Procycles were doing test riders of BeEms which besides the F800's they had a collection of R1200 and K1200 of various flavours for test rides. Test rides we 15-20mins, had a lead and tail rider and no overtaking. So they don't give much except a feel for the bike ergo's. A mate did the Harley test ride (my helmet was a long way away on my Sprint so I didn't try for any rides).

VZR1800 - probably as there was definitely some Suzi cruisers there, I didn't check them out though.

Russ

·
Registered
57 Posts
It looks from you photos that the bikes on display are just on their side stands. At the NEC Birmingham they are bolted to a bracket which is in turn screwed to the floor.
I think you system would feel more natural and the bikes easier to get on and off.

Nice pics BTW. The weather looked good as well!

Paul

·
Registered
561 Posts
Russ,
did they have the 07 Sprint at the show and did you get to sit on it? Also is there much difference in the 07 model and yours? Did the Tiger seem lower than the earlier models? Sorry about all the questions but I am thinking about a new bike in 08, will probably put the 05 Sprint in auto museum at Launceston and upgrade to another Trumpy. Anyway thanks!

TTFN The Tankman
:-D :-D :-D

[ This message was edited by: Tankman on 2006-11-18 15:23 ]

·
Premium Member
4,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
On 2006-11-18 15:20, Tankman wrote:
Russ,
did they have the 07 Sprint at the show and did you get to sit on it? Also is there much difference in the 07 model and yours? Did the Tiger seem lower than the earlier models? Sorry about all the questions but I am thinking about a new bike in 08, will probably put the 05 Sprint in auto museum at Launceston and upgrade to another Trumpy. Anyway thanks!

TTFN The Tankman
:-D :-D :-D
Hi Tankman. The Sprint was an 06 the same as mine so didn't bother to sit on it. The Tiger was nice, very upright feel etc. I've not sat on a 955 Tiger so couldn't compare.

The Tiger was impressive looking, I think put 4 lights on the Tiger and the S3's engine build/tune and then it would be the ultimate :)

Russ

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Russ,

Are you sure that the Sprint at the show was a 06?

I thought it was a 07 as it had the higher risers on the bars and the higher, clear screen. I didnt notice any difference in the seat.

When these start getting sold I reckon we will be seeing people looking for the lower risers... :hammer:

Brett.

·
Premium Member
4,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It might have been, as at one stage I thought the screen looked a bit higher, but I've been using the eagle touring screen for a while, which is huge so everything else looks short in comparison so I wasn't sure :) .

Russ
Just finished watching all episodes of Charlie Boorman's Race to Dakar (last years where Andy Caldecott died). I don't know how anyone could do that race on a bike. Just incredible.

·
Premium Member
4,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
On 2006-11-18 23:45, DaveM wrote:
Hi Rus,
quite a lot bigger than the recent show in Brisbane.
I should post some of my photos also.

Thanks Russ :gpst:

Davem :cool:
Thanks Dave, yep some pictures of the Brissy show would be great. Let me know if you have space restrictions and you need a web spot to host them on.

Russ

1 - 10 of 10 Posts