Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies if this has already been discussed elsewhere.
Right, a few years ago I had a Bonnie Se, I now have a T100. The switchgear and the mirror mounts are different on both bikes. I can't think why they chose not to fit a headlight flasher to the T100. Does anyone know why or can anyone come up with a reasonable theory?

·
Registered
744 Posts
Sorry - I can't help with the why. But the headlamp flasher is not that effective anyway, as dip beam is always on. A bit more effective at night ?

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
The North American models never had the "flash to pass" button seen elsewhere. Maybe you have a NA spec bike or did they just stop offering it on the T100?

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
Apologies if this has already been discussed elsewhere.
Right, a few years ago I had a Bonnie Se, I now have a T100. The switchgear and the mirror mounts are different on both bikes. I can't think why they chose not to fit a headlight flasher to the T100. Does anyone know why or can anyone come up with a reasonable theory?
The whole Bonneville range were 'bitsa' bikes - bitsa this, bitsa that. There were a lot of common parts used across the whole range. The SE has 7/8" bars whereas the T100 has 1" bars. I had a look around at this when I was in the dealer's a few years ago, and spotted the SE switchgear on the Street Triple. Likewise, the instrument panel on the SE models was from the T100. Brushed engine cases from the Thrux. Its almost as if the SE was thrown together as an afterthought for a new model using parts that were commonly available from other bikes in the range.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts