Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to hunt down someone locally or someone I can ship my 2010 Thruxton Swingarm to get 6 inches added on as well as move the shock mounts back 2 inches. I live around Panama City Florida but I'm new to the area so I'm not aware of to many bike shops that can do this.

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
I'd recommend you get a second swingarm & cut the required length out of it, welding it to your stocker w/ internal reinforcing slugs. If you search for posts by 'rodburner' in the parent directory to 'twin talk', you should be able to find his thread from when he extended his swingarm....

Regards,

--Rich

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
A 6" stretch is huge and depending on if you had it custom made or stuck with Triumph parts,I think it would look "strange". Mine is only 3",but uses all stock Bonnie parts,meaning,just a second stock swing arm,cut,slugged and welded together. It moves the lower shock mount back 3" also,which lowers the bike an inch or two,with the attendant loss of ground and corner clearance..

·
Premium Member
22,706 Posts
I'm sure you can find a service to extend your swingarm in Las Vegas or Amsterdam.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the tips, I have no idea why I didn't think about getting another swingarm and using it. Brain fart!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts