Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

Just curious. Has anyone had cause to replace/inspect the swing arm bushings on one of the new Bonnies?

Further, I'd like to know if they are plastic, nylon, or bronze. Is there a nipple on the swingarm to grease them?

·
Registered
566 Posts
On 2007-02-11 12:58, grayghost wrote:

Further, I'd like to know if they are plastic, nylon, or bronze. Is there a nipple on the swingarm to grease them?
The answer to both questions is no, anything else you like to know? :wink:

Ok, you didn't ask this, but there is a roller bearing on the chain side and two ball bearings on the other side

[ This message was edited by: jojje1963 on 2007-02-11 14:41 ]

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jojjoe.

On your bikes have your drilled, tapped and installed a grease nipple or just left it sealed?

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Jojjoe.

On your bikes have your drilled, tapped and installed a grease nipple or just left it sealed?

·
Registered
566 Posts
I don't think you can install a grease nibble so it will get the grease into the bearings. So no, I left it stock and never had any problems with them

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Jojje & Brooksie,

I couldn't open the attachment, but thanks just the same.

The reason I was asking is that I've owned new bikes in the past where the swing arm bushing were plastic (I kid you not, aka 1978 750K Honda) and there were companies offering upgrade kits to sintered bronze.

Also in the 80's many owners of twin shock bikes added grease nipples to the swing arms of their bikes to extend the life of the bushings.

Sounds like the Bonnie is good to go.

:cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts