Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I am going through the motions of swapping out the EBC HH pads on my Sprint ST for Ferodo Plat. Organics (for better cold weather braking and I don't ride the brakes hard enough normally to warrant the HH sintered stuff)

I just mic'd my rotors and they are at 4.5mm so they have enough life left in them to not swap out. Just curious if there is any prep needed on the rotors to swap compounds of pads... I've read using scotchbrite pads, or cleaning the rotors can be important for certain compounds?

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Joe

·
Premium Member
24,401 Posts
I don't believe there is any prep required Joe. I have been using the Ferodo Platinum organic pads on my GT for a couple of years now, all good

Although on my Daytona 955i I run sintered pads.

Cheers
DaveM

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
Just scrubbing the rotors with brake cleaner to get all of the old crud off should be sufficient.
I just put Ferodo Platinum in the 06 Tiger and what a tremendous improvement over the stock ones.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi,

Where did you find the best prices for these pads?

They seem to be an excellent product!

I just installed Vesrah JL and they are awesome and quiet compared to EBC HH but dust a little too much on my light colored wheels.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Amazon had them actually :) The prices were good. $17 for the rear, and $16x2 for the front. Star City Motor Sports is who sells them through Amazon.

Going to be a little bit till I get them installed as I havea 5/8 MC coming from Ebay I want to swap at the same time for the 14mm on the bike.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts