Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if the answer is already here somewhere, but I have done a ton of searching and can't find this particular thing about Aux Power Sockets.

i have 2018 Tiger 1200 XRT with factory DIN/Powerlet sockets at front of fuel tank and on left rear. The front one is direct to battery and the rear is ignition switched. I need that reversed (front socket switched, rear socket direct to battery). It is to power my GPS unit, which really works best off switched power.

Does anyone know if this is a simple matter of swapping over connectors somewhere, or are these sockets wired deep into the main harness? I have looked through the online service manual and could not find any detail on the wiring routing for these two sockets.

OR.... is there an available connector source of switched power in the front of the bike somewhere? I try to avoid splicing/tapping into wires and prefer to buy connectors for nice plug-and-play solutions.

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
2,868 Posts
I hardwired mine into the load side of the auxiliary lights fuse. Might be something to consider. I pulled the terminal out of the fuse box and soldered the GPS wire right to it so I didn't have any bad splices later.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have you considered a fuse block of some sort? I have a Fuzeblock and it allows me to select constant or switched power for every circuit. You do have to tap into a wire if you want to use switched. I use all of mine constant, so didn't need to.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts